• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

E-cigarette at work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-cigarette at work

Hi there!
    In the absence of the policy on smoking e-cigarette at work can an employee be forbidden to smoke it In the office?
    One of the fellow employees suffers from respiratory problems.
    Tags: None

Re: E-cigarette at work

Originally posted by Marta View Post
    Hi there!
    In the absence of the policy on smoking e-cigarette at work can an employee be forbidden to smoke it In the office?
    One of the fellow employees suffers from respiratory problems.
    Yes if the employer decides that the no smoking law includes e-cigs/Vaping, that's their choice.

The no smoking is law in a work place on a policy

nem

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

hi ytall ages since I posted, 2 years ago I quit cigarettes and moved onto vaping. We used to be allowed to vape in the office at one point but now not allowed as a couple of inconsiderate vapers decided to use "sub ohm" and set off the smoke detectors. I respect thier decision and if I need to vape will go outside on designated breaks. Same goes when we are out for a pub meal. We always ask if it is ok whether we vape or not. If the answer is no we go out. If yes we do not go mad and blow huge clouds that could offend other people.
        sigpic

Comment

Dude, my boss is categorically against smoking in the office and he is not interested in any contracts. He said that he would fine everyone who smokes in the office. I had to look for a doctor’s confirmation so that he would allow me to smoke ... The fact is that I used to suffer from drug addiction. I tried to be treated for a very long time and in the end my doctor decided to try using CBD oil. He knew that I love vaping and he said that I would buy vape liquid with cbd oil . It was a great idea because the CBD is completely harmless and in addition it helps to relax. In the end, I bought a liquid for vaping with cbd oil at and it really helped me and only after I showed the doctor’s opinion, my boss allowed me to smoke at work!
          Last edited by madness; 30th April 2020, 22:17:PM.

Comment

There are more and more supporters of the idea that smoking is harmful.

Comment

i lost my job through it years ago even after accident cause by their faulty cage never go to tribunal because of sacking for smoking

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X