• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marstons

I had a payment arrangement with Marstons of £20 every 2 weeks which I have been paying for 12 months and not missed a payment. The original debt was £2200 to Anglia Water. Today I received a letter from Marstons stating they were executing the writ as I had missed a payment on the 1st of June,( today is the 5th of June). I checked my bank and the payment hadn't gone out. There was sufficient funds to pay it but they hadn't taken it. I called my bank who told me there had been no request for payment. Marstons say they did try but if they had it would have been paid ( I had over £200 in the account). They say unless I pay the remainder in full, £1700, they will remove my goods on the 10th. I am unable to pay this. I don't believe they tried to take my payment and are using it to scare me into paying in full which I am unable to do. I have my bank statement which shows there was enough money there. Can anyone advise me what I should do?
    Tags: None

Re: Marstons

Ok, this thread is very frustrating because I don't know how to stop Marston from doing what they want to do. However, I do know what you need to do in terms of resolving this payment issue.
    You need to ask Marston to confirm the account number and sort code of the payment that missed plus the reference number(if you have to lie to them, tell them that you have complained to the bank and they are asking for this information because they think that the company is lying to them). Then you need to ask the bank to do the same thing, ie that Marstons have sent you a letter(they better have done so) stating that the payment was missed and you now want them to investigate the reason why this was missed.

I am going to ask that admin get involved and see if [MENTION=60180]L.Bizzy[/MENTION] can advise or others that might have knowledge about disputing the issue.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

hi .
      i had a visit from marstons a mr newby was the enforcement officer, to collect a debt of £550.00 bearing in mind this was a £60.00 speeding fine which as now esculated to the large amount as stated above, due to the excessive charges and the courts saying they received my paper too late.
      after threatning behaviour and intimidation by posting a warrant of control through my letter box, and saying to me it needs to be paid now ! otherwise i will be returning with a locksmith to take control of goods in 48 hrs.
      i decided the next day to pay him ,i asked him if he had a n323 form a warrant of control issued by the magistrates courts, his reply was yes and he will show me it when i pay him, of which i have later found out marstons didnt have one,
      i phoned the agent gave my card details and the sum of £550.00 he said it hasnt gone through bearing in mind there was enough in my account to cover this, i immediatley phoned the bank who said payment as been made.
      i then phoned mr newby back and explained it as gone through, his reply then was whats happens it goes into our account for ten days security reasons then after that it then goes back into your account and then you send it back to us.
      after two months and realising they were acting illegally without the correct paper work, i telephoned them explaining the situation, i was then told i havent paid, i phoned mr newby and told him what as happened ,his reply was you will need to pay this is a final warning """
      I explained whats marstons are doing is illegal and i will take this matter further he said ok i will see you in court.
      i have now started receiving menacing texts from him.

here are copies of the texts sent ;

mr newby. that is a warning we will use a locksmith.you need to pay.

me, this power may only be utilised if the enforcement agent is executing a magistrates warrant of control.
      you require a n323 form request for warrant of control.
      have you got one ?

mr newby; i have a warrant of control already,this warrant entitles me to gain access and take control of goods,
      no further notice will be given.

me; thats fine you can show me it when you come to collect the money. and thanks for the menacing texts, i will
      forward them on to my solicitor.

still had no reply from mr newby,

Comment

hi,
        anyone with problems with marstons check out this site www.deadbeatdadsassociation.co.uk alot of usefull imformation of how we are all been conned by these scumbags.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X