• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jacobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacobs

Hi I owe the council business rates, we agreed to pay £100 per month, to cut a long story short my wife and I split and I moved out, split the joint account and canceled all standing orders, with all that was happening I completely forgot the council, I was taken to court but because id moved out of the marital home I knew nothing about it until the baliffs put a hand delivered letter through the door saying they were coming back in 48 hrs to remove goods, I called them and tried to explain what had happened but his attitude was ''not my problem'' after about half an hour arguing we agreed £200 per month, after the first months payment I called him back to say £200 was too much could we lower it to £150 again after a disagreement he said yes, that was at the end of march, this baliff had taken £800 out of my account since, I called him on Monday to ask why he said it was a mistake and he'd look into It, so I said I would do a standing order to paid on the 12th of the month he agreed, low and behold Tuesday morning he took another £200, surely he cant keep doing this, its theft isn't it
    regards
    jim
    Tags: None

Re: jacobs

I suggest you write a letter of complaint to the bailiff, and copy it to the relevant Council. List the dates you "agreed" payments with him and the dates amounts were being taken from your account. Say you have cancelled the Direct Debt but you are happy to set up a standing order to be paid on 12th, first payment July, for £150 if he will confirm in writing that this is acceptable.

If this has caused your hardship - unauthorised overdraft charges, other DDs being refused by your bank etc - spell this out in the letter.

Comment

Re: jacobs

thanks for the reply ive spoken to the bailiff, an ''over sight on his behalf'' and has agrred to refund £300 into my account

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X