• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lg refusing to repair my phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lg refusing to repair my phone

I purchased a brand new lg g3 from ebay in August last year and it stopped working last week. Since my phone has one year warranty I rang lg uk customer service up to shecdule a repair service however the customer advisor spoke very rudely to me and then told me they can't repair the phone as it was not made in the UK and I should contact the seller rather than lg.

Any advice or suggestions how I can deal with this?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: lg refusing to repair my phone

As far as I am aware the LG phones (mass selling) are not made in the UK & never have been.

Is the seller a UK recommended distributor or did you purchase further afield ?

Either which way you do have cause if you paid by card for an investigation at least.

Comment

Thanks fred. I thought so. The distributer is from the uk.

Comment

I did pay by card. Should i email the company to see what they say? Or shoukd i email the distributor?

Comment

Yes mail the supplier of your phone along with the recommended UK distributor/retailer with your problem...........I do not see how they can refuse to look at at the issue.

You have rights under your card agreement in that you can report a problem with a purchase so long as it is within (a month ? may-bee longer) of you knowing there was a problem. You must first get a refusal/problem description from your supplier though.

Comment

Your legal rights are against the retail seller only. LG can offer or deny warranty on their own terms, and they may decline to cover a 'grey market' import -

"I contacted LG UK direct and they point blank refused to honour the warranty of any non UK phone (based upon the IMEI they said) even if it was the EU version"
            (http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...n-version.html)

But the manufacturer's self-defined warranty is less significant than the retailer's non-negotiable statutory duties under consumer law. Go after the retailer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X