• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Notice - McDonalds Weston Favell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Notice - McDonalds Weston Favell

Hi,

I have received a Parking Charge Notice of £100 by MET parking services for overstaying at a McDonalds Car Park (Westen Favell, Northampton). The stay is limited to 90 mins, and i was there for 113 mins. The CCTV photographed my car entering the car park and then exiting as evidence.
    Basically me and my wife took our nephew and niece to McDonalds to grab something to eat, well with kids they take their time eating and when we finished eating, we saw there was a childrens play area, so in they go, and we waited till they they finish playing. A fun day out i say. 9 days later (back to present day) i received a parking charge notice from their parking firm. Parking stay time is only 90 mins, that is pretty short period, so how can i not go over if there is a kids area. Where do i stand with this.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking Notice - McDonalds Weston Favell

I haven't spoken to McDonalds yet as we are not local to that town.

Comment

Scan the ticket and remove name and address. They've probably screwed up on keeper liability requirements so make sure you don't tell them who was driving.

M1

Comment

@mystery1
        Here is the letter

Thanks.

Comment

For the moment appeal to Met.

Dear Sirs,

I,as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver, whom i am under no statutory obligation to name, was a genuine customer and did not see any signs.

Your notice to keeper is non compliant with paragraph 9 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 in that it does not contain much of the required information.

Please cancel the ticket or contact the driver.

Yours etc

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted if you wish to see what's missing. I'll deal with it in detail if a popla appeal is required.

M1

Comment

@mystery1

Thanks for your help. I shall contact the store manager at mcdonalds first see if they will cancel the ticket, if not it will be a long battle.

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Hi,

Sorry it has been a while, i spoke to mcdonalds, they don't want to know. I have been ignoring the letters since my last post, i have received my red warning reminder, 2 in fact both identical on the same day. It says i must pay within 7 days from the date on the letter or further action may be taken, that's a flaws there, the letter is dated 13th July, that doesn't give people time to send cheques through post. And popla is no longer available, how so. according to Popla website, it states 'We must receive your appeal within 28 days from the date of the operator’s notice of rejection. The date the operator sent the rejection to you will be on the appeal form.'
              I have not appealed to the parking firm, so it is not rejected, so that does not apply on what they said.
              Hope i got these right?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                For the moment appeal to Met.

Dear Sirs,

I,as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver, whom i am under no statutory obligation to name, was a genuine customer and did not see any signs.

Your notice to keeper is non compliant with paragraph 9 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 in that it does not contain much of the required information.

Please cancel the ticket or contact the driver.

Yours etc

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted if you wish to see what's missing. I'll deal with it in detail if a popla appeal is required.

M1
                Originally posted by raimon View Post
                @mystery1

Hi,

Sorry it has been a while, i spoke to mcdonalds, they don't want to know. I have been ignoring the letters since my last post, i have received my red warning reminder, 2 in fact both identical on the same day. It says i must pay within 7 days from the date on the letter or further action may be taken, that's a flaws there, the letter is dated 13th July, that doesn't give people time to send cheques through post. And popla is no longer available, how so. according to Popla website, it states 'We must receive your appeal within 28 days from the date of the operator’s notice of rejection. The date the operator sent the rejection to you will be on the appeal form.'
                I have not appealed to the parking firm, so it is not rejected, so that does not apply on what they said.
                Hope i got these right?

Thanks.

If you didn't appeal as i advised then they are correct. You will no longer have an avenue to appeal and as such popla is no longer available for the easy win.

The 2 choices now are to pay or ignore and see if they take you to court.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X