• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lloyds passed me to Wescot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lloyds passed me to Wescot

Hi all
    Not been on here for sometime but had a letter from Westcot today saying they are collecting my lloyds debt from now on but i have not had anything from lloyds who i have paid £40 a month to for the last 5 years with out fail . Does anyone know if lloyds have done this to anyone else
    Tags: None

Re: lloyds passed me to Wescot

Just wondered if anyone has any advice
    Thanks

Comment

Update
      I have written to LLOYDS to find out whats going on and I am ignoring WESCOT but if any one has any other input it would be much appreciated

Comment

Lloyds are just outsourcing their collection activities, cheaper and after the scandal of the
        " fake" solicitors and debt collectors more open.
        It's not unusual.
        The notification from Wescott is fine

Does the notice give details of how to pay Wscott?

Some will say ignore Wescott and keep paying Lloyds, but from experience
        I've seen the payments getting confused and records incorrect making it difficult
        to reconcile payments made.

If there are no payment details on the Wescott letter continue to pay LLoyds
        until details are provided.

nem

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for the replies its seems Wescot are just collecting that`s why I`m a little dubious the letter states we have been instructed by our client Lloyds Bank PLC .

Comment

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
            Hi
            Thanks for the replies its seems Wescot are just collecting that`s why I`m a little dubious the letter states we have been instructed by our client Lloyds Bank PLC .
            As you have seen, I replied on the other thread. It's getting a little confusing now a lot of you guys share the same doggy picture, it's not always obvious who I'm replying to. :doggieyes:

If they are saying they were instructed by their client Lloyds, then they are just acting as a DCA.
            Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            Wescot are both a DCA and a debt purchaser. If the debt has been sold to them you should have received a notice of assignment, which will say the debt has now been sold to them. If that's the case, you should no longer be paying Lloyds and they should have provided you with new details to make payments.
            If you are making the agreed payments to Lloyds and they've not sold the debt, I can see no reason for them to appoint a DCA to chase you. I'd be inclined to write to Wescot saying you are paying Lloyds as agreed. If you keep getting demands from payment from them, I'd also complain to Lloyds because they shouldn't be getting an outside agency to contact people who are making their agreed payments.

Comment

Thanks Flamingparrot as usual sound advice
              I have a payment book so pay LLOYDS over the counter which I will continue to do ,I will also keep an eye on WESCOT I have had issues with them in the past and funnily enough ARROW have just instructed them to collect on a disputed debt but thats a separate issue from a long tome ago that you helped me with .

Comment

When accounts are in a delinquent state and are in an Agreement to Pay" creditors will often authorise an 3rd party collection agency to manage accounts and collect for them, even more so now many banks have reduced the numbers of back office staff.

nem

Comment

UPDATE
                  Finally had a response from Lloyds even though they did not send any letters originally has nemesis45 said they have passed me to Wescot but they are only collecting on Lloyds behalf
                  I have already had a reduced settlement offer from Wescot so here we go again lots of messing about I knew this would happen

Comment

UPDATE
                    Finally had a response from Lloyds even though they did not send any letters originally has nemesis45 said they have passed me to Wescot but they are only collecting on Lloyds behalf
                    I have already had a reduced settlement offer from Wescot so here we go again lots of messing about I knew this would happen
                    Emm an early offer of a discount on an " unsold" debt makes me suspicious!!

What's the offer winner?

nem

Comment

Hi nemesis
                      I have to call Wescot(usual rubbish )for a substantial reduction I have been very worried about this all along

Comment

Ok, for clarification what type of account is this? Loan, Credit Card, Current Account/overdraft.
                        Have you had annual statements from Lloyd? (or more frequent?)
                        How much is still owed.
                        nem

Comment

Its a credit card had annual statements from Lloyds owe about 12500

Comment

Makes me even more suspicious given the amount owed, Lloyds have tended towards selling
                            on larger delinquent accounts or issuing a claim.

Have you made a CCA request to see if there is an agreement available, if not send one
                            to Wescott , £1 statutory fee payable, (use a cheque or Postal Order endorsed " For Statutory Fee only"
                            keep a copy) Wescott has 12 +2 Working Days to comply. Signed for post is best.

The whole scenario here leads me to think something is amiss with the " paperwork".

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Makes me even more suspicious given the amount owed, Lloyds have tended towards selling

Have you made a CCA request to see if there is an agreement available, if not send one
                            to Wescott , £1 statutory fee payable, (use a cheque or Postal Order endorsed " For Statutory Fee only"

The whole scenario here leads me to think something is amiss with the " paperwork".

nem

- - - Updated - - -

nem

Comment

Hi nememsis
                              Thanks again for the reply I took out the card in about 2001 I think I know they wont have a CCA its nearly 6 years on a default too
                              Can I just ask I have had some debts without CCA`s they stopped chasing all are coming up to defaults dropping off some have said they have closed the accounts
                              I do sometimes get other DCA chasing but it fizzles out this is my biggest debt though and it has always bothered me I was one of the people getting the bogus solicitors letters that Lloyds were rapped for too so you can understand why I am concerned about their latest tactics

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X