• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dept agency Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dept agency Lowell

Hi im in need of some advise please regarding a dept i have with talk talk, basically i took out a contract for £17 a month for the internet and phone and when i got my first bill they had slapped all sorts of charges on the bill,and what i had been told about free installation ect was complete bull crap, and i refused to pay them from the first bill, i tryed sorting it out at the time by talking to talktalk but i got no were, they passed the dept on to an agency but i just ignored the letters and never opened them and i gather after time the dept got given back to talktalk, the dept has been passed on again to lowells and i plan to ignore it as ive done for the past 3 years, but im wondering what legs have they got to stand on will they randomly take it to county court when they have not even had contact with me???? Talk talk are complete ripp of merchants like all these big companys getting away with ripping people of and most people seem to just swallow it but i will not swallow it or pay them for some thing i used for 1 month untill i found out they were ripping me of,so after the month i never used it agian. another thing i noticed is this so called dept was has gone from £169 down to 159 which i find very strange indeed.
    Thanks for your time.

Yours sincerely
    JJ
    Last edited by jj434; 13th May 2015, 14:01:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Dept agency Lowell

Hello JJ, Welcome to LB,

Unfortunately you have fallen into the very common trap of ignoring letters
    from the original creditor and the debt collection agencies.

Now you have landed in the hands of Lowell which will issue court proceedings
    if ignored!!
    All this should have been sorted out with talk, talk when the problem arose.
    You cannot in my opinion hold talk, talk responsible for the situation you now
    find yourself in.

Has Lowell written to you if so please post a suitably redacted copy of the letter here
    so we can see how to advise properly.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X