• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Egg and Apex - please can you advise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg and Apex - please can you advise?

The letter unfortunately it seems will have acknowledged the debt, restarting the 6 year Limitations clock from the date Apex received it.

Were anymore letters sent after this one?

nem

Comment

Hi Nemesis45

Really sorry, I seem to be rubbish with dates.

The letter ( actually an email via their website) was sent in November 2009 and they responded with an offer to settle in December 2009 - so the clock starts from there I guess. Sorry about the mistake - hopefully my idiotic typo was obvious to everyone but myself as we are not in December 2015 yet LOL

And yes, I would have acknowledged a debt - I was not trying to get out of paying it altogether ( as advocated by various websites) but trying to resolve the situation as best as I could. I very much regretted the situation I was in and was trying to achieve some level of peace of mind for myself and my family as I had young children and had suffered a bereavement of my youngest.

I then asked for information re the debt and I got a letter from Egg which I typed out above. Basically they did not send me the information as they say I sent them a cheque without the payee's name which I find odd.

No other letters were sent by me to them nor was there any other form of communication after that. So it is nearly 5 and a half years since acknowledgement now.
      Last edited by starfly; 11th May 2015, 20:35:PM. Reason: additional information

Comment

Personal feeling is to send a CCA Request again to Apex. stat fee £1.00 payable to Apex, (as you know:tinysmile_twink_t2: ) use a cheque or PO endorsed " for statutory fee only".

The lack of aggressive collection activity makes me wonder what underlying problems there maybe with this Apex are usually considerably more persistent.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X