• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

stalking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stalking

what are the new laws on stalking and in this case stalking by a group of people rather than one individual
    Tags: None

Re: stalking

I am not qualified by any stretch of the mark but if you can provide evidence of harassment and your privacy being invaded you can seek a restraining order. I am not proud to say this but the mother of my child did this to me, i found out she had kept my daughter, and she never had any intention of telling me, i only found out a month after she was born by default. I sent alot of nasty messages to her, not proud of it but she got a 12 month retraining order out on me, not that it made much difference cos when she wanted money she would get in touch.

Also you can get legal aid for this as it is classed as domestic violence, the mother of my daughter did it to me when i went to court for a contact order, she got legal aid though emotional domestic abuse, not that it worked as i got an order and got myself on the birth certificate .

Not sure if that input helps but its only from my own experience.

Comment

Hi, What is actually happening are the people actually following you
      or is it online stalking.

nem

Comment

The laws regarding stalking are Section 2A and 4A which were inserted into the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...alking/enacted).

I know of nothing specific about "group stalking", and in fact "stalking " IMO would generally be a crime committed by an individual.
        Harassment on the other hand could well be carried out by a group.
        As requested by others, would you care to give more details of your problem?

Comment

Yes, stalking is considered to be a crime, but there are some applications which give the access to all the info on your phone. Literally everything can be seen.From messages on the social media to your location.Recently found the app on my boyfriend's phone and understood he saw my every step and every message to everyone. I had no words to say. The most annoying thing in this is that the app is completely legal.So, be careful with this.

Comment

Here we must also take into account the factor that you can be in applications that can absolutely legally sell data about your location.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X