• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judicial Review of Haringey's £125 Liability Order costs succeeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Judicial Review of Haringey's £125 Liability Order costs succeeds

Nicolson has put his appeal skeleton argument online - http://www.taxpayersagainstpoverty.o...ent-final1.pdf
    To respond to some of the comments above, his focus on poverty is because he's a tireless anti-poverty campaigner, it's his thing. If that opens up a can of worms and improves things for everyone as a result, good. Whilst there is a genuine widespread interest in the outrageous fraud of summons costs, for some people the consequences really are heat or not, eat or not, home or not, and for some, life or death. Meanwhile, computers are set to spit this stuff out, sanctioned by people who don't care or even take an interest. He makes those points well in his appeal.

Comment

Update on Taxpayers against Poverty website

Summoned to court.... Wednesday 15th June at 10am

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        As they would I suppose.

I was just trying to get my head around to agreeing with Rev nicholson about it being a tax on the poor specifically ( as as far as I see it it is a tax on everyone who doesn't pay their CT on time etc) Non-'poor' people don't pay their council tax at times either ( other things come up, disorganised etc) and have the same summons & hearing charges.

I can't help feeling he is going down the wrong route.
        And being brutally honest, having read the latest news page on the Reverend's website, I tend to agree with your above comments.

The Reverend is back in court on June 2015 as the council have applied for a Liability Order as he is once again refusing to pay his council tax. The following comments feature on his latest news article (1st June)

http://www.taxpayersagainstpoverty.o...laim-benefits/

I am refusing to pay the council tax as an act of Civil disobedience because laws passed by national and local government are damaging the health and well being of tenants who claim benefits in Haringey.

The incidence of low birth-weight in Haringey, with the risk of life time ill health for the babies, is among the highest in Europe.

I started refusing to pay council tax in April 2013 when central government began demanding rent from adult JSA and children’s benefits by cutting housing benefit twice, with the bedroom tax and the benefit cap, while rents escalate in the chaotic London housing market.

I am now trying to persuade the Civil Court of Appeal to hear my case that Grant Thornton should have had regard to vulnerable situations, including the disabled, pregnant women and the mentally ill, when auditing the court costs. They are imposed in bulk 1000s at a time by the Magistrates waving their hand over a print out. (see TAP website)

Comment

Guardian article:

Refusnik rev: the vicar ​whose council tax protest could put him in jail

By the end of next week, Paul Nicolson could be facing prison and bankruptcy – an unexpected turn of events....

Comment

Article in the Independent

I'm an 84-year-old vicar who's being taken to court – but I won't pay my council tax until the Government ends austerity

"
            The IRRV, the MOJ and the DCLG are thinking of providing a template to councils for the calculation of court costs.

Comment

Don't read the comments. As usual the common person misses the point entirely.

Comment

9 July 2017

Civil disobedience media release rev paul nicolson summoned to court for non-payement of coucil tax.

http://taxpayersagainstpoverty.org.u...o-court-for-no

13 July 2017

Today Highbury Corner Magistrates court issued 510 council tax liability orders by signing a computer print out.

http://taxpayersagainstpoverty.org.u...ility-orders-b

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X