• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Financial

Good evening,

may I ask for advice concerning a letter from Lowell concerning an outstanding balance of £1520 and an offer to discount by 75% to £380.

The letter then states that I should be aware that the period for recovering the debt by court action has expired so they will not be issuing court proceedings to enforce payment. However, my debt still exists and legally they are within their rights to continue to ask for payment.

Should I ignore this as they are just trying their hand or is there a law which stipulates they can not keep harassing me for money. The debt they refer to I thinks is now 10 years ago and long forgotten till now.

Any advice would be much appreciated or indeed a link to a template should I need to reply,

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Financial

Originally posted by explorer121 View Post
    Good evening,

may I ask for advice concerning a letter from Lowell concerning an outstanding balance of £1520 and an offer to discount by 75% to £380.

The letter then states that I should be aware that the period for recovering the debt by court action has expired so they will not be issuing court proceedings to enforce payment. However, my debt still exists and legally they are within their rights to continue to ask for payment.

Should I ignore this as they are just trying their hand or is there a law which stipulates they can not keep harassing me for money. The debt they refer to I thinks is now 10 years ago and long forgotten till now.

Any advice would be much appreciated or indeed a link to a template should I need to reply,

Many thanks.
    Welcome to LB,

This is a new approach from the Leeds Lowlife, please pay us we can't enforce the debt but they can still be a nuisance!!
    A joke!! You have no obligation to pay anything.

Send the following to Mr Andrew Bartle COO
    Lowell Group
    Ellington House
    9 Savannah Way
    Leeds Valley Park
    Leeds LS 10 1AH

Date

Ref: use theirs.

Dear Mr Bartle,

I am in receipt of your companies begging letter dated .................: in reference to an alleged debt for £ vvv. xx which Lowell has kindly reduced to £398.00 in what is obviously a desperate ploy to persuade my to acknowledge the alleged debt and make a payment.

Please note I do not acknowledge any such debt and as Lowell has confirmed the statute barred status of the debt I will not make any payment now or in the future.

Lowell is reminded that to continue to press for payment of this alleged debt once you are in receipt of this letter may amount to harassment.

I refer you to the FCA Source Book on this subject.

Your etc.

Lowell are attempting to con you nothing more than that,
    The letter above though is not a con or a joke.

nem#

Comment

Good evening,

thank you for your reply which is exactly what I wanted to hear. I will send a letter to Lowell using this as a template by recorded delivery,

thank you again.

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Welcome to LB,

This is a new approach from the Leeds Lowlife, please pay us we can't enforce the debt but they can still be a nuisance!!
      A joke!! You have no obligation to pay anything.

Send the following to Mr Andrew Bartle COO
      Lowell Group
      Ellington House
      9 Savannah Way
      Leeds Valley Park
      Leeds LS 10 1AH

Date

Ref: use theirs.

Dear Mr Bartle,

I am in receipt of your companies begging letter dated .................: in reference to an alleged debt for £ vvv. xx which Lowell has kindly reduced to £398.00 in what is obviously a desperate ploy to persuade my to acknowledge the alleged debt and make a payment.

Please note I do not acknowledge any such debt and as Lowell has confirmed the statute barred status of the debt I will not make any payment now or in the future.

Lowell is reminded that to continue to press for payment of this alleged debt once you are in receipt of this letter may amount to harassment.

I refer you to the FCA Source Book on this subject.

Your etc.

Lowell are attempting to con you nothing more than that,
      The letter above though is not a con or a joke.

nem#

Comment

Great!

Check the date received and should they try writing again begging for payment please come back to us.

If possible can you scan and post a copy of their letter after removing your name and address etc.

nem

Comment

Good evening,

I have attached a copy of the letter received but must apologise as it is upside down and for the life of me I can not rotate it 180 degrees !

Hopefully it will be readable.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by explorer121; 6th May 2015, 18:18:PM. Reason: amendment

Comment

Good evening,

I have attached a copy of the letter received but must apologise as it is upside down and for the life of me I can not rotate it 180 degrees !

Hi, Managed to read it, but you have left your personal details on the letter please edit and repost.

The Letters is a positive crapogram!!

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Good evening,

Hi, Managed to read it, but you have left your personal details on the letter please edit and repost.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Good evening,

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X