• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Family Court Summons.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Court Summons.

Hi there, I hope this is in the right place. (Newbie)
    I wonder if anyone could help shed some light on my position.

My Ex,who I do not have any personal contact with, has initiated what I think is a court summons. I received a letter with a date to attend court. I assume it is family court. It does not state if it is mandatory. I am hoping I do not have to acknowledge or go along.
    Last edited by Teddi; 5th May 2015, 08:37:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Family Court Summons.

Hi and welcome

There are fewer people here that deal with family matters than, say, debt, but hopefully someone can help you.

Can you remove personal identifying information and post a scan of what you have received, that would give you the best chance of getting good advice.

Comment

Hi Stephen
      Thanks for the welcome and the good advice. It is appreciated.
      I removed most of the post anyway. I wrote way too much detail. I was a bit too desperate for help and It manifested that way in my post.
      I will scan the letter today and add it here, removing any personal details as you suggest.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Hi,
        Can you please post a suitably redacted copy of the letter here.

If this is an order from the court then you most definitely must attend,
        not only because the court could make decisions that seriously affect you
        but also because you would be in contempt if you do not attend/respond.
        The Family Court has wide ranging powers.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          Hi,
          Can you please post a suitably redacted copy of the letter here.

If this is an order from the court then you most definitely must attend,
          not only because the court could make decisions that seriously affect you
          but also because you would be in contempt if you do not attend/respond.
          The Family Court has wide ranging powers.

nem
          Thank you Nemisis
          I appreciate your advice, I have now discovered what I am required to do to comply.

Comment

Great,!!

Please don't hesitate to come back if you need any help!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X