• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin Media

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Media

My Mum has had no end of trouble with Virgin Media - they are completely and utterly useless in every way imaginable.

I have just emailed this to Neil Berkett, acting CEO of Virgin Media.

Dear Neil,

I was going to email the newly appointed Chief Executive of Virgin Media, Steve Burch only to find that after 18 months he too had given up and left. I empathise with him completely.

You may notice that I am using a Tiscali email address for this correspondence, this is due to the fact that I am unable to use my own email address for the umpteenth time as I have again been cut off from all my services. I will try and explain in simple terms the background to my Virgin Media experience, although this may prove difficult, the reasons for which (if nothing else) will become clear.

I was originally a Telewest customer and had two accounts – one was my husband's and the other my own, both for the same address. When my husband passed away I thought it would be simpler to merge the accounts together leaving just one account to manage, but still having 2 telephone lines into the house. This must be a horribly complicated task to perform as this change is still outstanding – or is it? It is so difficult to tell!

There was an outstanding amount of £99.90 on my husband's account which I paid. This amount has become legendary in my dealings with Virgin Media.

This sum of money appears to possess the ability to bounce between the two accounts of which there should only be one. Or is it three accounts? Despite trying to reduce the quantity of my accounts I seem to have gained another judging by the three invoices I now receive. As far as I can fathom, this is the reason for my “restricted” services – an outstanding amount on an account(s) that I should no longer have and no longer owe anything on.

Are you confused yet?

I have spent hours and hours on the telephone to various people in your Customer Services department, who were just as confused as me, but who did actually try and remedy the situation for me despite the adversity they faced in the form of navigating the billing system of Virgin Media.

However, it would appear as if your Customer Services department have had enough of this sorry saga too now. For some time I have managed to deal with the same person, ********** who was initially very helpful. Yet I spoke with her on 10th March 2008 and she was extremely 'snippy' and quite rude. Despite the fact that I had the invoices from the 3 accounts in front of me she insisted that that could not possibly be and that I was mistaken - I think she may be losing the will to live, as am I.

My services have again been removed - “restricted” is not strictly accurate as I have no services – and I am now being told that I will have to pay an outstanding amount of £298.98 to have them restored.

From your website: “We want to make things easy for our customers. Not just by cutting through the jargon and explaining our technology in simple terms. No, we want to make it easy for them to contact us, to get hold of our products and services, and to sort out their problems too. And it’s our Customer Care, telephone support and sales teams that do just that.”

Can you please explain to me precisely how the above has been applied to me?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Last edited by Amy; 19th March 2008, 11:37:AM.

Re: Virgin Media

Great letter Amy, have you included the three account numbers or copies of the invoices, I would if you send a hard copy of this, so that he can, if so inclined, investigate the complaint without excuse ? I agree he should have the information from the name and address....but as their system seems completely useless you have to lead them by the hand. Have you also written with the full details of the payment made for the £99.90 ? The customer service at virgin is a pain in the bum, they just cut me off too, before any letters reached me informing me of any problem.

Be interesting to see his response to your email.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes, I put the three account numbers in the email. I haven't sent a hard copy, I thought I'd see what he comes back with first - if I give him the full story he won't know his arse from his elbow.

She also has about £140 in late charges, handling fees and non DD fees to come back too.

Comment

Excellent in that case I hope his reply is positive.

I have a couple Late payments charges to come back as well, and i have only had two bills.

Silly arses really couldn't get their head around me not having a bank account of debit card to pay....they also charged me a £100 deposit to start the account with them.

Good luck with it
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Good E-mail Amy, good luck. I hope you get some response from them but Im wouldn't hold my breath. I can confirm that they are useless, I have has so much trouble with their billing dept. Plus they entered my name into the local phone directory wrongly.

Best wishes,
          Liam.
          Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

This morning I got a reply. It's from the email address I sent it to, there is no salutation and no name at the end:-

"I'm sorry, I will ask someone from my office to contact you and have this all sorted."

It's a step in the right direction.

Comment

Well, blow me down with a feather!

Mum has received an answerphone message from "the Executive Offices of Virgin Media" (she wasn't at home as she was at my house using the PC).

They have reinstated all her services without her paying a penny, as yet. They have asked that she call an 0845 number and they will then explain her account status to her.

Well, they won't explain it to her because they will be explaining it to me.

Two steps in the right direction now.

Comment

Congrats on winning the battle hun i wont say war becos it doesnt sound completely over xxxxxx

Comment

i can sympathise after the carry on we had with virgin media

Comment

Well done Amy - lets hope they have sorted the rest of this mess out too. Let us know won't you.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Right, I've been on the telephone this afternoon to June Fitzhugh at the Executive Offices of Virgin Media.

June was extremely helpful. June said she could not make head nor tail of what had gone on. I told her that I was not in the least bit surprised. She said she had not bothered to go into it too deeply or to try and find out what payments had been paid and which accounts they had been applied to.

So, she arranged the following:

First account: reduced to 0 balance.

Second account: reduced to 0 balance.

Third account: She has removed all the late payments charges (which amounted to £140) and reduced the balance of this account to a total of £77.41.

I told her that I was moving house very soon and that when I did I would not carry on with the services of Virgin Media. She said "oh you must, you must - you just come to me and I'll sort everything out for you."

Bless.

Mum will attempt to pay the outstanding £77.41 tomorrow, so we will see what happens when she does.

Any more problems and I will be speaking to my friend June again.

3 steps in the right direction so far.

Comment

Bless lets hope June doesn't lose her memory overnight.

Is the £77.41 correct as far as you can work out ?

Excellent going though xxx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

The £77.41 is more than fair.

Even if you remove all the charges from the account, it still leaves a balance owing of around £160!

Comment

Oooo I love a feisty woman, Well done Amy.

Best wishes,
                            Hod..Liam..
                            Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Fabulous in that case. Last step tmw then. They better not cock it up next month.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X