• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ascent Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ascent Legal

My father [closing in on 86] Has a judgement against him in favour of the Bank of Scotland .This was in the Northampton County Court in April of 2009. He has been paying ever month since that time. He received a letter in March 2015 that had this sentence in it " we are due to complete a review of your account to ensure that the repayment plan remains affordable to you."
    Can they require that if he has never missed or been late on a payment? He just lives on a pension. Ascent Legal are sending the letters thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Ascent Legal

Yes it is allowed for a claimant to seek a review regularly.
    This one seems reasonable i.e. " affordable to you".
    It may well be worth writing on your fathers behalf stating his age and income, and suggesting that
    Ascent takes a commercial view of the debt and writes off the remaining balance.

nem

Comment

I was thinking of offering a % to settle . With that money coming from me. I'll take your advice and see if they will write it off.

Comment

Originally posted by mailbox View Post
        I was thinking of offering a % to settle . With that money coming from me. I'll take your advice and see if they will write it off.
        Good luck!!
        I hope they see sense.

nem

Comment

This has taken a strange twist. We decided not to make an offer; but to continue to make the monthly court ordered payment. The bank of Scotland asked ascent legal to return the debt to them. This happened Nov 2016. Which the BOS then passed on to Moorcroft. Moorcroft requested any monies be sent to them. Which is not what the court judgment ordered.
          I paid four pounds and searched the Trust Online website for England and Wales orders & judgments . The search turned up nothing? I know the name and address used in the search were correct. Could it be it's passed six years and dropped from the system? Any help welcome , Thanks

Comment

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/unders...stay-on-record

County court judgments (CCJs) stay on the register for six years. The judgment will be removed if it’s paid within a month – if paid later, you can have it marked as satisfied.

County court judgments: The six year limit

Details of county court judgments remain on the register for six years from the date of judgment, unless the judgment is set aside, or the amount is paid in full within one month (see below).

Despite the promise of some credit repair agencies, there are no other ways to remove CCJs from the records.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X