• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - Excel Parking: Invoice for Driver Details Disclosure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN - Excel Parking: Invoice for Driver Details Disclosure

Good morning.

As the 'registered keeper' of a vehicle, my mother-in-law received a PCN from Excel very recently, demanding the usual £100/£60 payment for exceeding the maximum time permitted. She was not the driver at the time of the alleged contravention.

It is acknowledged, however, that the permitted time was exceeded but this was due to the driver having an emergency medical situation, thus rendering him incapable of driving until his blood sugars returned to normal. This was the sole reason for the delay in exiting the car park and thus the sole reason for the issue of the invoice by Excel.

However, assuming that Excel won't give two hoots about this genuine medical reason (and will reject any so-called appeal on those grounds), here's the question:

As the car is registered to my mother-in-law but owned and operated by my (limited) company, would I/my company be within my/its rights (and would it be enforceable?) to demand an administrative charge (to Excel) of, say, £60, for the divulging of driver (N.B. driver, not registered keeper) details? In so doing, we would not be refusing to provide driver details. If so, I would confirm to them that we have details of the driver on record but also confirm that it was not the car's registered keeper who was driving at the time of the alleged contravention.

Thoughts, anyone?

Many thanks, in anticipation...
    Tags: None

Re: PCN - Excel Parking: Invoice for Driver Details Disclosure

No.

Diabetes is covered under the equality act. Can you scan the pcn and do you have any pics of the signs ?

Was the driver a customer of the site ?

M1

Comment

Thank you for your kind reply, M1.

The PCN is at the office, so I will scan it tomorrow. Should I post it here (redacted) or message it to you?

At the present time, I have no pictures of signage but can obtain easily enough. Should I get these now?

Yes, the driver was an Iceland customer, although not for the entire duration of the parking period (1.5 hours) in all fairness.

Many thanks, again, for your help.

Comment

On here is fine and yes get the signs.

Iceland might help. Ask nicely and then get uppity and if you leave empty handed twitter/facebook.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

Iceland might help. Ask nicely and then get uppity and if you leave empty handed twitter/facebook.

M1
          Herewith scan of PCN, as requested. Will be getting and posting signage photos shortly.

Will now contact Iceland and ask the question and take it from there.

Thanks very much.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are two images of signage in the car park.

I confirm that I have written to Iceland.
            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting entry on the notice stating that parking is subject to the current terms and conditions of Excel parking. If the terms and conditions are not present how can a contract be formed?

Also no address for the company

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Tried to PM you but for some reason I can't.

Diabetes is not always a condition covered by the Equality Act (I am diabetic).

If it is controlled by diet alone or oral drugs, generally it is not. If it is insulin controlled, generally it is.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
                  @mystery1

If it is controlled by diet alone or oral drugs, generally it is not. If it is insulin controlled, generally it is.
                  Thanks for that.

The driver's diabetes is indeed controlled by insulin.

- - - Updated - - -

M1
                  I have just received a pleasant reply from Iceland, confirming that they are to investigate the matter for me. I will, of course, keep you posted on the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by richandjo View Post
                    Thanks for that.

The driver's diabetes is indeed controlled by insulin.

- - - Updated - - -

I have just received a pleasant reply from Iceland, confirming that they are to investigate the matter for me. I will, of course, keep you posted on the outcome.

Don't stop until that's confirmed. Timescales for appeals are not paused.

M1

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
                    @mystery1

I switched them off to stop people trying to get help off board which is against site policy.

M1

Comment

Don't stop until that's confirmed. Timescales for appeals are not paused.

M1

- - - Updated - - -

I switched them off to stop people trying to get help off board which is against site policy.

M1
                      I thought that was the case but notice there are a number of users who regularly encourage people to PM them either for private advice or to give further information (which is frustrating when you are trying to follow a thread).

Hey ho - I don't make the rules!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X