• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Thanks given in error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks given in error

Clicked a thanks link in error and sadly now realise unable to retract it

Will being able to remove a thanks be considered in the next website update?

Thank you

Re: Thanks given in error

Hopefully yes. We did used to be able to retract a Thanks by clicking on it again but in the last upgrade we seem to have lost that ability and I haven't figured out why yet.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It's an option in that hack to have them removable, yes. So if that is turned on but not showing then definitely sounds like a bug.

Comment

Is MSE using Dragonbyte Tech's mod ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Good point. Not sure to be honest.

They are still on vBulletin 3.8.x though.

Comment

http://static2.moneysavingexpert.com...post_thanks.js

/*=====================================*\
            || ################################### ||
            || # Post Thank You Hack version 7.7 # ||
            || ################################### ||
            \*=====================================*/
            So I would guess that is a big no there, given that rather historical version number.

Comment

I know... the mod we had was free, then went paid for .... and we don't pay for mods lol. I'll sort it when we next upgrade but we haven't been able to 'unthank' for about six months now so I don't think it's a massive issue xx
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...43510&page=160

Is this perhaps why, rather than a bug?

EDIT: seems so.

Originally posted by xony
                Hi, since last actulización I can not remove given thanks, to see if anyone can help, greetings and thanks.
                Originally posted by DragonByte Tech
                This is a Pro-only feature.
                - - - Updated - - -

That would be why then.

Nope, can't say I had noticed or been bothered the option wasn't there to be honest.

Comment

yip.

Next upgrade.......thing is changing a mod after we've been using it for a while, peeps get attached to their counters (probably not you) so switching to different mods ditches counters and I'm just not manually writing them all down and resetting them with a new mod.

Thanks (Given)
                  Thanks (Received)
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

You could probably write something in sql etc to dump the post count totals and apply them to the appropriate tables for the other hack.

Whether that is worth the hassle, or danger if it messes up, is another matter though. Personally I wouldn't care enough about the counts to try.

Comment

They'd all end up in the wrong rows.... just not worth it. Our server lives on a knife edge as it is, doesn't need me ferking about with the tables.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Exactly. I don't disagree. You could work around that I think, but manually tinkering with the tables is too big a risk in most cases, unless you are forced to for an emergency fix.

I just mentioned it because if I see a problem, my natural instinct is to ponder solutions.

Comment

Jane, can you PM me a link to the post you thanked and I will see if I am able to remove it manually.
                          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X