• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ - Arrow Global / Reston Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ - Arrow Global / Reston Solicitors

Hi,

I am new to this site and looking for some advice. To summarise basically :

- Received CCJ for £2K, claimaint is Reston Solicitors Ltd on behalf of Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd
    - No idea what the CCA is for since I have did not recieve any prior correspondance from any of the parties regarding this debt, no claim form either received.
    - called Arrow Global for furter details who advise they are unable to assist at Restons are now dealing with this case.
    - called Restons Solicitors who advise debt is for old credit card debt from 2004 however they cannot help any further at all as matter is referred to county court.
    - Based on the fact I have no details of this claim and either party cannot help I have filled in N244 to request CCJ to be set-aside.
    - received letter from county court the case has been referred to local district court and await further news.
    - I have no paperwork, no previous letters from Arrow Global demanding payment.
    - Do i need to inform both parties of the N244 that I have submitted ?

NOW,
    What would be the procedure next, do I contact Restons Solicitors or Arrow Global to request copies or evidence to support their claim. Do i need to find our where the orignal claim form was sent, as I did not recieve this.

OR,
    Do I do nothing and await to hear from the district court ?

Sorry this is all new to me, and hoping I have good gounds to have the CCJ set aside based on the above? Any help would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ - Arrow Global / Reston Solicitors

Restons are a bugger - they are quick to get a court order.

From my own experience, Restons and Arrow where in it together, and I had a battle with them to find out what the original debt was, in the end it was a very old MBNA card.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Re: CCJ - Arrow Global / Reston Solicitors

Thanks Quasar.

I have now received my court hearing date that I have applied for to set aside the judgement.

Currently, my only defence is that I did not receive the orignal claim form to put in my defence however I received the CCJ letter. Do I need to show to the judge that I made a request from the claimaint for copy of the claim form. I did make a call to the claimant couple of months ago to request details of the claim but they were unwilling to help. Do I need to make the request in writing, if so is there a standard template for this ?

From looking at my perspective, I believe that having not received the claim form in the first place, this has prevented me from stopping the judgement being place on me, has therefore shown that the claimaint is in breach of their duty? Can i use this defence at the hearing ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X