• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Freehoder sent the bill for ground rent and insurance to the wrong address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freehoder sent the bill for ground rent and insurance to the wrong address

Hello,

I have purchased a flat recently and when the ground rent and insurance were due the Freeholder sent the bill to address of the flat although they were advised at the time of purchase by my solicitor that all bills must be send to my home address.
    They have send all further demands to the new flat address as well but after they didn't receive payment they have given me to property debt collection agency.
    The first letter that I received at my home address, regarding this matter, was from the DCA. As the bill was not paid in time, as I didn't received it, the freeholder added £185 to the original bill and the DCA added another £170 + VAT.
    I have contacted them immediately but I have refused to pay the additional charges because I haven't received the bills and it is not my fault that they sent them to the wrong address. It was oversight and negligence from their side.
    I have sent a cheque to the freeholder for the original amount and now waiting for them to cash the cheque, hopefully.
    I am worried what they might do next - the freeholder or the debt collection company. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Cami

Re: Freehoder sent the bill for ground rent and insurance to the wrong address

Hi and welcome.
    If they are sensible they will cash the cheque and say "thank you".
    DCAs however are not noted for being sensible, and you might hear from them as they try and collect their charges.
    Follow Lord Asquith's example "Wait and see"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X