• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Conveyancing- Sale between Siblings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conveyancing- Sale between Siblings

Hi again,
    Hopefully this won't be too complicated.

My father passed away very suddenly in August. There was no will and I am his next of kin and became the administrator of his estate.

There is only my brother and I, my dad had not remarried after divorcing from my mum around 20 years ago, so the process was clear and relatively simple. Love to be able to say it was all pain free but in the aftermath of losing my dad, his mortgage company were pretty poor.

On saying that, the mortgage is paid and dealt with, their solicitors wrote to confirm that they have requested the interests of the broker are removed from the property.

Since then I have contacted my solicitor to deal with the transfer of the house title into mine and my brothers names.

Once done my brother is paying me half of the value of the property as he is living there and I will be signing it over to him. I'm happy with this. My brother and I are very close and the price agreed is fair to us both.

There is no mortgage necessary, this will be a cash sale.

So, my question is... as my solicitor will have done the conveyancing to transfer the property from my dad to my brother and I, is it possible for us to do the rest ourselves (from both of our names into my brothers only)?

I know under many circumstances this isn't advisable but given we will be paying for the conveyancing to deal with the original transfer and then pretty much immediately transferring it again, it seems a lot of money for very little.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X