• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Right to see half-siblings after death of mother

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right to see half-siblings after death of mother

Hi.

In January last year, my mother unexpectedly passed away leaving behind myself, my four siblings, and my two half siblings to my step dad. My mum and my step dad had been married for almost 8 years when she died, and they had had 2 children together. During this marriage, the relationship between most of my siblings and him was not great, though he did provide for us and my mum very well.

When she died, my eldest sibling was already living away from home studying at university. My other siblings, myself, and my younger half-siblings remained living with him. The house relationship slowly deteriorated, before forcing another of my siblings to leave and move in with his girlfriend. A few months later, another sibling went away to study at university, leaving only myself, an older sister, and my half-siblings at living with my step dad at home.

Shortly after this, my step dad remarried a woman from another country that he had met so that she could move to the UK (there was a relationship, but she couldn't move here unless they got married). This made tensions even worse, and towards the end of last year (mid December) and shortly after my 18th birthday, he kicked me out of the house with no warning. I haven't seen my little siblings since.

A month later, he kicked my only remaining sister living at home out also, and now it is just my younger siblings, my step dad, and his new wife living there. He is not allowing me to see my siblings despite my constant asking to do so. It has now been 4th months since I have seen them, and I wonder if there is anything that I can do legally to force him to allow me to see my little brother and sister.
    Tags: None

Re: Right to see half-siblings after death of mother

They are 7 and 4 years old. I lived with them their whole life before he kicked me out. I can't imagine they're going to forget me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X