• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bryanand carter/lowell claim letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryanand carter/lowell claim letter

hi iv recieved a letter of claim from bryancarter for their client lowell they gave me 14 days tpo pay said sum of money or they will advice their client to go to court so iv replied with the litigation letter

Thankyou for your letter dated 7thapril 201 As the letter contains athreat of litigation, it is being treated as a formal letter beforeaction. As such, I refer you to paragraph 1 of the Practice DirectionPre-Action Conduct, which states the purpose of such a letter is to“enable the parties to settle the issues between them” and toencourage the parties to “exchange information”.

Paragraph2.2 (1) of Annex A states you have an obligation to “list theessential documents on which the Claimant intends to rely”. I couldnot identify such a list in your letter, please list the documents soI can see your case against me and request copies of anything that Imay need.

Paragraph3.2 (3) of Annex A allows me to “request further information toenable me to provide a full response”. My request is a request fordocuments as the information I require would come from thosedocuments. Paragraph 5.1 of Annex A states that you should “providethe documents requested within as short a period of time as ispracticable or explain in writing why the documents will not beprovided”.

Irequire copies of the following:
    1. The original credit agreement;
    2. The Default Notice;
    3. The Termination Notice;
    4. The Notice of Assignment;
    5. Statements of account;

Thesedocuments would be expected to be supplied if proceedings were issuedand would likely be in your possession if you were issuing a claim.If you consider that there is difficulty in providing a copy of adocument, please identify that document and the reason. Additionally,there is a duty to supply documents under the Consumer Credit Act1974. A request has been made under s.78 on 10thapril 2015 and I am awaiting a response.

Ishall be able to provide you with a full response to your letterwithin 14 days of receipt of the documents listed above and alsoreserve the right to refer to the contents of this letter ifproceedings are issued without first providing copy documents to me.

Yourssincerely,

the thing is it is to be statuted barred on the 26th june how long do you think this process will take iv got just 5 weeks ish . i contacted the original company and they did send me my signed cca and statements the thing is will bryan and carter be able to gethold them that quick thanks .
    Last edited by violethill; 18th April 2015, 18:33:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: bryanand carter/lowell claim letter

Hi,
    I'd like to see a copy of Carters letter or a verbatim type copy please, before LBA.
    If Lowell issues a claim it stops the Statute Bar clock ticking on the day it's issued.
    nem

Comment

iv no idea how to upload it iv taken pic but the option isnt there

so it says we have been instructed by fredinternational on behalf of lowellto commence legal action against you in the county court in respect of this debt

should i fail to respond to this letter in 14days a claim will be issuedwithout further notice

then it details what the costs could be
      please note the amount of interest will also be added to the balance claimed and details will appear on the claim form
      then it says to avoid this action to pay by 21st the original amount
      Last edited by violethill; 19th April 2015, 07:37:AM.

Comment

here it is
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by violethill View Post
          here it is
          It's the standard failure to respond letter, a response would be to send Lowell a CCA Request to see if they can produce an agreement.
          £ 1 .00 Statutory Fee to pay, use a cheque or postal order endorsed " For Statutory Fee Only) Lowell has 12 + 2 Working days to comply. Failure to comply means the debt is unenforceable until it is produced.

To Carter:

Ref: use theirs.

Sir/Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated.......................: In which it is alleged that I am indebted to your client Lowell for the sum of £,,,,,,,,,,,: originating from an account with ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,: , please take note I do not acknowledge any liability to your client.

I have made a request under sections 77/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and cannot correspond further until this request is complied with.

Please be aware that any claim will be robustly defended.
          use signed for post, check delivery.

It's best to keep this simple.

Now can you please give us some history of the debt.

1. Who is the original creditor?
          2. Is the amount claimed correct?
          3. Does this show on credit reference files? If you haven't checked try Noddle (Call Credits free site) this should give the default date and sum outstanding.
          4.What is the default date?
          5. When was the last payment or written acknowledgment made on the debt?
          6. Finally do you have any detail as to what you would use to defend a claim?

nem

Comment

Thankyou for your letter dated 7thapril 201 As the letter contains athreat of litigation, it is being treated as a formal letter beforeaction. As such, I refer you to paragraph 1 of the Practice DirectionPre-Action Conduct, which states the purpose of such a letter is to“enable the parties to settle the issues between them” and toencourage the parties to “exchange information”.

Paragraph2.2 (1) of Annex A states you have an obligation to “list theessential documents on which the Claimant intends to rely”. I couldnot identify such a list in your letter, please list the documents soI can see your case against me and request copies of anything that Imay need.

Paragraph3.2 (3) of Annex A allows me to “request further information toenable me to provide a full response”. My request is a request fordocuments as the information I require would come from thosedocuments. Paragraph 5.1 of Annex A states that you should “providethe documents requested within as short a period of time as ispracticable or explain in writing why the documents will not beprovided”.

Irequire copies of the following:

1. The original credit agreement;
            2. The Default Notice;
            3. The Termination Notice;
            4. The Notice of Assignment;
            5. Statements of account;

Thesedocuments would be expected to be supplied if proceedings were issuedand would likely be in your possession if you were issuing a claim.If you consider that there is difficulty in providing a copy of adocument, please identify that document and the reason. Additionally,there is a duty to supply documents under the Consumer Credit Act1974. A request has been made under s.78 on 10thapril 2015 and I am awaiting a response.

Ishall be able to provide you with a full response to your letterwithin 14 days of receipt of the documents listed above and alsoreserve the right to refer to the contents of this letter ifproceedings are issued without first providing copy documents to me.

Yourssincerely,

i sent this letter to both bryan and lowells lowells replied saying all correspondance to bryan as its in their hands bryan say they have passed the information to their client
            its shop direct forv 512 yes its on my noddle states til nov 2009 but i know for a fact and have written confirmation nothing paid or acknowledged since 26th june 2009 so i have 5 weeks til statued barred if i get to that date i will use statuted barred as my defence if not i may have to make an offer of payment unless they fail to send the documents requested what else can i do are they good at producing all the documents

Comment

You have to be careful what you right in case you may put something in letter that can be construed as an admission of liability and bang goes the statute barred status.

There is no claim yet which is why I advise caution in all correspondence.

nem

Comment

i did put at the end that that i knew of no debt to shop direct the letter above was the template i had used do u think i sound like im admitting the debt

Comment

Looks Ok at a glance, was this a Beagles template?
                  nem

Comment

im not sure now it could be a cag one you have been very kind thankyou for your help hopefully my update will be good news .

Comment

Happy to help Violet, you know where to find me if needed.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X