• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

'Swift Credit' Bailiffs 'removals notice'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Swift Credit' Bailiffs 'removals notice'

Hello,

Please help?
    I came home today to find a letter through the post box for a removal notice for payment to the cost of £983.00. The letter says they are acting on behalf of instruction from 'c.a.c.o.s.', who I can only assume is the 'City and County of Swansea', for 'Arrears/PCN', which again I am assuming if 'Parking Charge Notice'?
    How do I know that this letter is legitimate? I thought if you didn't pay a county council parking ticket charge that there would be summons to attend court?? It is my partners letter and we made arrangements to pay off parking ticket charges in monthly instalments, from July last year so I don't know why we've received this letter?

Please can anyone help?
    Tags: None

Re: 'Swift Credit' Bailiffs 'removals notice'

The first thing you must do, is telephones Swift urgently and try to find out as much as you can about this. Confirm that it is for the PCN, Explain that you are paying off the debt in instalments (have you missed any lately?)

Advise that you do not have £983 and what can they offer to do for you?

You need an explanation on how the debt has reached £983, especially if you have paid some off.

If you don't have any joy from Swifts, post back tomorrow & we'll get you a strong letter into the council.

Comment

That's brilliant advice, thank you so much.

I I assume they're a legitimate company then?
      Ill phone them first thing tomorrow.
      Thank you so much!!

Comment

Yes they are legitimate and you will only receive a summons for council tax arrears, not parking matters.

Bailiffs tend to bully debtors into paying in full or at least paying a high portion there and then. Be prepared for this and don't pay anything you can't afford. As I said, if they don't play ball, we can complain to the council. Keep Swifts sweet tomorrow, whilst making sure you don't pay them too much-Especially if theres a possibility that the figure is incorrect.

Post back tomorrow and let us know the outcome.

Comment

Thank you so much!
          Wil do!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X