• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell

Hi everyone I hope someone can give me some advice.I have a Marbles credit card debt which I defaulted on for just under £3000 the last contact I had with Marbles was the end of November 2009 the account for the card was opened approximately 2004. Lowell have bought the debt but have never contacted me instead they are bombarding my wife with letters sometimes two a week.She was an additional card holder but I am the main account holder.I cannot remember if she signed anything when I applied for the additional card for her and we no longer have any paperwork as the account was opened so long ago.
    Can they chase her for the debt? She has no income at all and the only income I have is disability benefits.

I cannot remember when I defaulted on the payments but the last contact was as I said November 2009 so it will be statute barred soon.We moved house in 2010 and still had the same postman at our new address he knew where we used to live and brought letters round addressed to our old house Marbles never contacted us after Nov 2009.We have never acknowledge the debt with Lowell or contacted them in any way.They are threatening to send someone round if we don't contact them my wife has PTSD and is very worried someone will just turn up especially if I am not in.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell

Just giving this a bump for you:bump2:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Thanks PAWS.
      Lowell have now got my wife's mobile number and are ringing up to three times a day from a withheld number.

Comment

Hi welcome,
        Have you checked your credit reference files to see if the account appears there, us Noddle Call Credits free offshoot online.
        The date of the last payment is what we need to know the Noddle report may have some historical data on this.
        Now send a CCA request to Lowell to see if they have an agreement, a £1 statutory fee is payable use a cheque or postal order clearly endorsed "For Statutory Fee Only" Lowell has 12 +2 Working Days to comply get free proof of posting.

Please tell your wife there is nothing to worry about with this, Lowell use this harassing approach in the hope of forcing you to make payments.

We can help with this in many ways.

One immediate way is a letter to Lowell Demanding that the cease contact with your wife she is it seem a vulnerable person.

I can draft a letter for you if required.
        Lowell are very unlikely to send anyone to your home and even if they do remember these people have no authority to do anything other than parrot their company script and you have no obligation whatsoever to talk to them.##

nem

Comment

Hi nemesis45
          Thanks for the reply.Sorry I did not reply earlier I have serious health problems and have not been well. She received another letter this morning from Lowell threatening a CCJ and they keep calling her mobile.I will send a CCA but their address is a PO box and I want to send the letter by registered post.
          On another point Marbles were aware of both our health problems and since Marbles subscribe to the lending code I have read the debt should not have been sold?

Comment

Address:Ellington House, 9 Savannah Way, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS10 1AB

Address for Lowells;-

Send Recorded Delivery:- it is much cheaper and signed for:- Post Office makes enough profit as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by silverback12345 View Post
              Hi nemesis45
              Thanks for the reply.Sorry I did not reply earlier I have serious health problems and have not been well. She received another letter this morning from Lowell threatening a CCJ and they keep calling her mobile.I will send a CCA but their address is a PO box and I want to send the letter by registered post.
              On another point Marbles were aware of both our health problems and since Marbles subscribe to the lending code I have read the debt should not have been sold?
              Hi sorry to hear about your ill health, hope you are feeling
              better!!

Send the following to Lowell.

Mr Andrew Bartle COO

At the address Mike 770 has given you:

Ref: Use Lowells:

Formal Notice:

Dear Mr Bartle,
              We are in receipt of a letter dated ............; which threatens court action in regard for the alleged debt for .................: Please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to Lowell.
              In reference
              Both myself and my wife are in extremely poor heath and Mrs .................... should be considered
              a vulnerable person I am sure Lowell is aware of how it should respond in such a situation.
              We are both in receipt of disability benefits which are our only income so as you will be aware
              issuing a County Claim will be a waste of costs an court time and will not achieve the result Lowell
              might expect to achieve,
              I am also aware that the alleged debt is close if not already statute barred.

I would respectfully suggest that Lowell should take a " commercial" view on this matter and close the file
              on it.

Get that off asap, Lowell may come back for I&E but we can deal with that if it happens.

nem

Comment

Hi nemesis45 thanks for all you help. I am feeling a bit better thank you unfortunately my conditions are incurable and progressive and the situation with Lowell is certainly not helping.My wife is really concerned I am trying my best to reassure her.She has enough worries with her own health let alone looking after me and our unwell daughter.
                My wife is not in receipt of benefits I claim for her as my dependent so I don't know if filling in an I&E form would be relevant.I thought my wife was the additional card holder but I have found some statements and it appears I was the additional card holder.

Thank you MIKE770 for your reply and Lowell address.

Comment

Originally posted by silverback12345 View Post
                  Hi nemesis45 thanks for all you help. I am feeling a bit better thank you unfortunately my conditions are incurable and progressive and the situation with Lowell is certainly not helping.My wife is really concerned I am trying my best to reassure her.She has enough worries with her own health let alone looking after me and our unwell daughter.
                  My wife is not in receipt of benefits I claim for her as my dependent so I don't know if filling in an I&E form would be relevant.I thought my wife was the additional card holder but I have found some statements and it appears I was the additional card holder.

Thank you MIKE770 for your reply and Lowell address.
                  Good morning Silverback,

This is an unenviable position for you both to be in, the suggested letter is intended for you to amend to suit your circumstances,.
                  I can edit/rewrite if you need help.

nem

Comment

Hi,
                    Sorry for not replying sooner my poor wife has been ill she has been in hospital and is now having up to 12 fits a day she has never had a fit before in her life.She has lots of hospital appointments coming up so coupled with my health and mobility problems the last few months have been very difficult.On top of this she has had her driving license revoked which has caused no end of problems.

We have been receiving letters from Fredrickson which I know are part of Lowell.Now we have a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors threatening county court action.My wife is in no fit state to handle the pressure being applied and her consultant has already said she needs to stay as stress free as possible.

I know we should have followed the advice given here but obviously my wife's health took priority.
                    Should I send a SAR or CCA? The debt is pre 2007.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X