• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disabled Parking , McDonalds and MET Parking Services - WON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabled Parking , McDonalds and MET Parking Services - WON

Hi Everyone
    I have recieved today a pcn from MET parking for parking in a branch of McDonalds for 77mins when max is 60 mins. Iam disabled with mobility problems and dont move very fast and add to this my eldest son has autisum and going in a resturant can be a nightmare getting him to go in and then make a decision on what he wants can take anything up to 20 mins. Finally my car is a motorbility car so is registered as a disabled.

I know that a car cannot be clamped if displying a blue badge (I parked in disabled bay and displayed my badge properly) but where do I stand with this , I always thought in somewhere like McDonalds disabled cars were exempt from these parking sharks.

Can you advise please my 10 days are ticking
    Tags: None

Re: Disabled Parking , McDonalds and MET Parking Services

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs has mobility issues and had an autistic son with them and it appears the has been no reasonable adjustment in line with the equality act. In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so at this time

If you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If they supply a popla code please return and i'll sort out a popla appeal for you.

M1

Comment

MET Parking Services McDonalds and DISABLED BLUE BADGE HOLDERS ONLY PLEASE READ !!!!!

Hi Folks
      Having come on here with concerns over the above parking cowboy and Mc Donalds , my wife and I took the advice of Mystery 1 and appealed accordingly. What I forgot to say was I had also complained directly to McDonalds head office. Today I recieved an EXTREMELY interesting letter from Mr Joe Cuffaro Customer Services Manager , whilst I won't type out the mumbo jumbo there two paragraphs that are very useful and these go like this
      "I can confirm this parking area is managed by an independent company who are resposible for monitoring the car park and taking details of registration numbers. The regulations and signs clearly state the policy and the relevant charges. Also any mitigating serves for a vehicle to remain in the car park longer than the allowed time , MUST be arranged and agreed to by the RESTAURANT MANAGER at the time"

So I guess if you are in a McDonalds for more than the allowed time (I was caught in 60 min one , but we have a local one that is 2 hours) speak to the manager show him your blue badge and he somehow has the power to overide the pcn, I was ALSO told this by MET's own customer services.

The second paragraph of interest is this
      "I trust you will appreciate that in order to maintain a consistent approach; we have to adhere to the guidelines in place. As such, in a situation such as a contrvention of parking regulations, we are usually unable to comment or with any specifics or cases on an iduvidual basis. However , in this instance I can confirm that the parking company will review and rescind PCN's that have been issued to blue badge holders . Therefore , if not done so already please do make contact direct with the parking comapny under their appeal procedure, WITH a copy of the blue badge involved.

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson "and on that bombshell" I do belive that my beligerence has got us VICTORY over McDonalds and MET Parking.
      Mystery 1 would you like to comment on this and may I thank you for your assistance so far , I guess it is now over to you MET Parking Services

Comment

Re: MET Parking Services McDonalds and DISABLED BLUE BADGE HOLDERS ONLY PLEASE READ !

Originally posted by daddystig View Post
        Hi Folks
        Having come on here with concerns over the above parking cowboy and Mc Donalds , my wife and I took the advice of Mystery 1 and appealed accordingly. What I forgot to say was I had also complained directly to McDonalds head office. Today I recieved an EXTREMELY interesting letter from Mr Joe Cuffaro Customer Services Manager , whilst I won't type out the mumbo jumbo there two paragraphs that are very useful and these go like this
        "I can confirm this parking area is managed by an independent company who are resposible for monitoring the car park and taking details of registration numbers. The regulations and signs clearly state the policy and the relevant charges. Also any mitigating serves for a vehicle to remain in the car park longer than the allowed time , MUST be arranged and agreed to by the RESTAURANT MANAGER at the time"

So I guess if you are in a McDonalds for more than the allowed time (I was caught in 60 min one , but we have a local one that is 2 hours) speak to the manager show him your blue badge and he somehow has the power to overide the pcn, I was ALSO told this by MET's own customer services.

The second paragraph of interest is this
        "I trust you will appreciate that in order to maintain a consistent approach; we have to adhere to the guidelines in place. As such, in a situation such as a contrvention of parking regulations, we are usually unable to comment or with any specifics or cases on an iduvidual basis. However , in this instance I can confirm that the parking company will review and rescind PCN's that have been issued to blue badge holders . Therefore , if not done so already please do make contact direct with the parking comapny under their appeal procedure, WITH a copy of the blue badge involved.

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson "and on that bombshell" I do belive that my beligerence has got us VICTORY over McDonalds and MET Parking.
        Mystery 1 would you like to comment on this and may I thank you for your assistance so far , I guess it is now over to you MET Parking Services

A very interesting reply.

I might have been a bit hasty putting it in the win pile but sod it i'm only moving it again if they refuse

M1

Comment

What I found interesting is that on page 2 of the 'Notice to Keeper' that outlines payment and appeals procedure the address to send a letter of intent is given in BOLD, "Appeals Department, MET Parking Services Ltd, PO Box 64168, London, WC1A BE"
          The post code is wrong it's missing the numeral 9 in the second half. Letters to that incorrect postcode may never reach MET, or at the least arrive too late for the appeal to be made.

Comment

This is a 7 year old thread

Comment

MYSTERY1.. Thank you most sincerely your advice worked..I sent the formatted letter you suggested and added a few embellishments, and I've just received this good news. This is what I said.
              "Appeals Department,
              MET Parking Services Ltd.
              PO Box 64168
              London WC1A 9BE

September 14th 2020

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs has mobility issues (see enclosed copy of Blue Badge) and had his wife also partly disabled with him and it appears there has been no reasonable adjustment in line with the equality act.
              In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so at this time

If you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc
              Yours Sincerely,
              Basil Henrick Keeper."

You suggested --->
              Re: Disabled Parking , McDonalds and MET Parking Services

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper etc.

If they supply a popla code please return and i'll sort out a popla appeal for you.

M1
              MET replied..
              ‘Customer Services Department
              MET Parking Services Limited
              PO Box 64168
              London WC1A 9BE

22 September 2022
              Dear Mr Basil Henrick,
              Re: Parking Charge Notice Number ABB11425 (Vehicle: CAS6PXH)
              Site: (607) McDonald's St Austel
              Issue date: 0509/2072
              Thank you for your correspondence regarding the above parking charge notice
              ‘We can confirm that this notice has been cancelled and apologise for any inconvenience.
              41 follows that the charge is no longer due.
              Yours sincerely,
              Customer Services
              Defiantly(sic) a win again !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X