• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Firstplus Requirements – OFT FOI Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firstplus Requirements – OFT FOI Release

Firstplus was part of the Woolwich as I remember & came with Barclays acquisition in or around year 2000.

The American version similar in name only.

Comment

barclays bank acquired firstplus from usa, there are 380 list's available, originally known as FILBUK 428 LIMITED

Comment

Originally posted by royfoot View Post
        barclays bank acquired firstplus from usa, there are 380 list's available, originally known as FILBUK 428 LIMITED
        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/2...-for-300m.html

This makes it a little clearer.

Comment

Can someone please tell me in plain English whether there is any action I can take about the first plus loan?

Comment

Hi,
            after all the interest rate hikes, I now learn that Barclays also frontloaded interest. Twelve years after I took out a £33,000 loan and repaid around £324/month, I've been given a settlement figure of £27,400! How is this possible? How is this legal?

They said on the phone that since the loan was taken out before 2008 and over £25,000 it wasn't regulated. Again, how is this possible? Whatever happened to the Unfair Terms regulation?

I urgently need a lawyer now. If anyone on here would like to take on this case, please message me.

Thanks!

Comment

Yikes indeed !

You've been paying £324 a month for 12 years ? on £33k ? What was the percentage rate and what term was it over ?

for example though at 8% PA £33k would be paid off in 14 years including interest & capital ( total paid would have been nigh on £55k (£33k capital and £22k interest )
              Seems you have paid around £46k so far.

Do you have a copy of the agreement at all ?
              Early repayment penalties ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by missetoile View Post
                Twelve years after I took out a £33,000 loan and repaid around £324/month, I've been given a settlement figure of £27,400!
                Have you asked for a settlement figure because you plan to redeem the loan and/or sell the property, or do you have an issue with repayments/arrears and are being threatened with legal proceedings?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                  do you have an issue with repayments/arrears and are being threatened with legal proceedings?

I think this post on your other thread answers my question >

I've refused to pay on the basis that the loan was mis-sold, and now they are threatening repossession.
                  . . . .
                  Also, how do I stop eviction now without paying?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Yikes indeed !

You've been paying £324 a month for 12 years ? on £33k ? What was the percentage rate and what term was it over ?

for example though at 8% PA £33k would be paid off in 14 years including interest & capital ( total paid would have been nigh on £55k (£33k capital and £22k interest )
                    Seems you have paid around £46k so far.

Do you have a copy of the agreement at all ?
                    Early repayment penalties ?
                    Hi Amethyst,
                    thank you for you picking up my cry for help! I have a copy of the agreement, yes. I took out £33,000 at 7.9% in June 2005. (I also had PPI, which I have claimed back since.) The initial monthly repayment on the loan (Without PPI) was £247.48, but as you know First Plus has massively hiked the rates and never passed on any reductions. I have paid incrementally more and am now at £324, so around £77 per month than I had initially signed up for.
                    I'm completely stunned that I was today told to repay £27,402 to settle the account. On my letters from Elderbridge, it always says "account balance: XXX", which I took to be the balance. I mean how is "account balance" not an account balance? Since Elderbridge also never sends out statements of account, I really don't know how I am supposed to know that the "account balance" on a letter is not the actual balance.

Do you have any advice, and can you recommend a lawyer? I will also do a renewed push next week to get this in the press. The OFT has a lot to answer for.

Many thanks!

Comment

Firstplus/Elderbridge list your account balance & interest separately so it shows on your credit report as the loan amount (balance) is being paid/reduced but, the interest applied to the loan is not available. This is why a lot of folks get a nasty shock when getting a redemption figure. Also it is known that they use favourable redemption equations to calculate your figures.

Hi Amethyst,
                      thank you for you picking up my cry for help! I have a copy of the agreement, yes. I took out £33,000 at 7.9% in June 2005. (I also had PPI, which I have claimed back since.) The initial monthly repayment on the loan (Without PPI) was £247.48, but as you know First Plus has massively hiked the rates and never passed on any reductions. I have paid incrementally more and am now at £324, so around £77 per month than I had initially signed up for.
                      I'm completely stunned that I was today told to repay £27,402 to settle the account. On my letters from Elderbridge, it always says "account balance: XXX", which I took to be the balance. I mean how is "account balance" not an account balance? Since Elderbridge also never sends out statements of account, I really don't know how I am supposed to know that the "account balance" on a letter is not the actual balance.

Do you have any advice, and can you recommend a lawyer? I will also do a renewed push next week to get this in the press. The OFT has a lot to answer for.

Many thanks!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X