• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

alexander v British Passport Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: alexander v British Passport Services

Have telephoned passport office advice line, ( telephone number 03002220000 may help other members ). They were very helpful. I explained the position I was in with regards BPS, who BPS are, and how the had completed the 04 incorrectly, because their first question what is your name, and I saw little point in lying to them. They said the 04 would have been returned because it was marking for the wrong Passport, the maiden name was missing therefore it would not match previously issued passport, and if the previous passport number was not on the 04 it would be returned. I ask if they would carry out alteration to an 04 with error, they replied no, because all 04 are machine read and if the information is not correct for the passport required the machine rejects the 04, a letter is generated and the 04 is returned to the send for correction.

Comment

Excuse my spelling got a bit excited.

Comment

Good but the question is can they give you that in writing?

Comment

Will Ask

Comment

Passport office will not send out E.mails to individuals, only supply that information we are after to police or fraud investigation unit. But said anyone can ring their number and they will freely give the information.

Comment

Can Tools not get fraud team to get info?

Comment

Did you receive the copy of the e.mail from HMPO.

Comment

Originally posted by alexander10310 View Post
                  Did you receive the copy of the e.mail from HMPO.
                  No, can you re-send it?

You said earlier in the thread...

....the 04 would have been returned because it was marking for the wrong Passport, the maiden name was missing therefore it would not match previously issued passport, and if the previous passport number was not on the 04 it would be returned. I ask if they would carry out alteration to an 04 with error, they replied no, because all 04 are machine read and if the information is not correct for the passport required the machine rejects the 04, a letter is generated and the 04 is returned to the send for correction.
                  So I'm wondering if you can submit it so you can generate the rejection letter, but I'm not sure if you'd have to include the fee and if you'd lose it. Might be worth exploring. Maybe you could just submit it without the fee (if you can) and see what happens.

Alternatively you could register a formal complaint saying that given the importance to you it's unreasonable of them not to simply e-mail or write to you what they told you on the phone.

Comment

I could resend it to you but it only confirm they would not sent email out to point out errors. I don't feel I should send the form to them because, yes you have to include the fee and I recently renewed my wives passport with new form, and anyway the information is easily obtain by telephoning them. If it goes to court I my have a better chance of getting them to send an e.mail if I can prove that my case is going to court by suppling official court paperwork.

Comment

Ok no problem. Can you send me the e-mail anyway please?

At least we can say the HMPO have confirmed that the 04 would have been rejected.

I'm going to draft a pre-emptive letter for you to send in response to the '4 to 1 vote' e-mail' which I'll post up later today so you can check for accuracy.

Comment

Copy sent to webmaster

Comment

Originally posted by alexander10310 View Post
                          Copy sent to webmaster
                          Can you send it to my Virgin address?

Comment

On its way.

Comment

If you're happy with this and the facts are correct send it by e-mail and also by registered mail.

By e-mail and registered mail.

Dear Mr Mercer

This is a formal response to your e-mail of 13 April which I understand to be a letter before action.

For the avoidance of doubt I deny any liability to UK Services & Support Ltd and below I set out the grounds on which I will be relying on in my defence should you be unwise enough to issue proceedings against me.

I also wish to make absolutely clear that should you issue a claim I intend to apply to the court to make a wasted costs order against you for the time and costs I have incurred in dealing with this matter on the basis of your wholly and demonstrably unreasonable behavior.

Additionally I wish to make absolutely clear that I fully intend to issue a counterclaim against you for the alarm and distress you have caused me through your threatening actions over the course of the previous 3 to 4 months.

The grounds I intend to rely upon in defence of any claim issued by you will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:

• Confirmation from from Her Majesty's Passport Office that the 04 passport form you provided me would have been rejected due to the multiple errors and omissions you made, rendering the service you provided me unfit for purpose.

• Confirmation from Barclaycard that after a full investigation they believe that they were justified in upholding my payment dispute and confirmation that you did not dispute the refund with them dispite being given 45 days in which to do so.

• Confirmation that you received my complaints via your online complaints function but failed to acknowledge them.

• Confirmation that I sent by recorded delivery 2 letters of complaint which you also failed to acknowledge.

• Confirmation by you that if mistakes were made by you on the 04 application form you would send me a refund and apology

• Confirmation by you that mistakes were indeed made.

Comment

Looks good, will send by both methods

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X