• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Commercial Loan scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Loan scam

I have been the victim of a commercial loan scam, basically the Broker/Introducer advertised loans at 3.9 or 4.7 %, but then sell your application
    to a commercial loan company with a spectacularly clever contract which hides the fact that the loan is calculated on Rule of 78 Loan calculator
    basis, (the most aggressive form of interest charging) and a system abolished by the High Street Banks for personal loans in 2005. The broker
    seems to be duplicit because it certainly appears as if their commission is a lot higher than they would have earned if they had indeed sold me
    direct a loan at the attractive rate advertised, not the 30+ interest it has turned out to be.

Mine is a loan of last resort aimed at people with poor credit (mine is fine) the true rate of interest is not in the contract, and this type of loan
    is not suited to anyone who wishes to clear it early, which I had told the sales representative was my intention. When I went back (after ten months)
    to clear it, I learned the truth. I have found another victim, hers was supposed to be 4%, but was over 30%, she fell behind by three payments, the
    court case to go after her flat is imminent. A financial expert saw my contract and said it was concealing and clever.

I would like to find others similarly duped, because I think this is a gross scam, it appears the commercial loan company are selling loans aiming
    at getting their hands on your property. Because the rules and regulations for commercial loans are a lot more lax than for personal loans, and
    misrepresentation is usually verbal and therefore very hard to prove. Any advice welcome.
    Tags: None

Re: Commercial Loan scam

Can you name the broker or loan product, by doing so it may help to bring people forward as they will be able to relate to it better
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X