• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Robinson Way - Home Visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Robinson Way - Home Visit

Originally posted by kelike28 View Post
    I can't afford anything in the hundreds. Not in one go anyway. So If I am reading this correctly it will drop off my credit file anyway whether they issue a claim is another matter. Im wrong in thinking they will want to issue a claim before it drops off...I don't know why I have been thinking this!
    I would have paid by bank transfer most likely from my new account (which I don't have anymore btw)
    Indeed, it will fall off the credit file regardless of whether you pay it or not. The only worry is a court claim - but if you do get a court claim in the future you would be able to negotiate a settlement at that point ( although probably not get as good a deal )thus avoiding a CCJ ( which then would bugger up the credit file!)

If the credit file is the main objective then I wouldn't be worrying.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Indeed, it will fall off the credit file regardless of whether you pay it or not. The only worry is a court claim - but if you do get a court claim in the future you would be able to negotiate a settlement at that point ( although probably not get as good a deal )thus avoiding a CCJ ( which then would bugger up the credit file!)

If the credit file is the main objective then I wouldn't be worrying.
      Amethyst ....

Yes credit file is my priorty. On checking all of those available I have 2 things that will drop off by sept this year and apart from 1 more early next my file will be clean and tidy. Then I can look forward to keeping it that way and get a mortgage again etc.
      Out of interest the other one due to come off is an old natwest OD. It went through a million DCA'S some who i paid here and there...no idea who was last but I know it was a previous address they had for me. Im so worried that could end up being a claim without me knowing. Is there a way to find this info out? How to check if this happens so that I have time to defend it should it go that way? Thanks for your help with this

PS if I got a claim could i definitely stop it continuing and showing on my credit file by agreeing to pay??? Would I be made to pay in full at all?
      Last edited by kelike28; 21st June 2016, 17:04:PM. Reason: Spelling!!

Comment

Amethyst ....

Yes credit file is my priorty. On checking all of those available I have 2 things that will drop off by sept this year and apart from 1 more early next my file will be clean and tidy. Then I can look forward to keeping it that way and get a mortgage again etc.
        Out of interest the other one due to come off is an old natwest OD. It went through a million DCA'S some who i paid here and there...no idea who was last but I know it was a previous address they had for me. Im so worried that could end up being a claim without me knowing. Is there a way to find this info out? How to check if this happens so that I have time to defend it should it go that way? Thanks for your help with this

PS if I got a claim could i definitely stop it continuing and showing on my credit file by agreeing to pay??? Would I be made to pay in full at all?
        Hi Ame

Can you offer advice at all for the last part of this thread. Should I have started a new thread? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          Ok Kel,

Do you recall how you were making payments bank counter credit, direct debit, card over phone etc., did you agree any form of payment plan with any company?

nem
          Nem I've had another letter recently to which I've sent a reply by email stating im awaiting info from Santander still. They have asked that I provide my full name email and DOB ... so that they can reply by email. My guess is this is ok to reply to as they already have my name and address due to correspondence over the last year between us. What do you think?

Comment

Another question is.. if I make an offer to pay by monthly payments after my default has dropped off..and it is excepted can the DCA then add it back to my credit file?? Or can a debt only be put on once regardless of who then owns or chases for it??? Thanks

Comment

Nem I've had another letter recently to which I've sent a reply by email stating im awaiting info from Santander still. They have asked that I provide my full name email and DOB ... so that they can reply by email. My guess is this is ok to reply to as they already have my name and address due to correspondence over the last year between us. What do you think?
              Hello Kel,
              Yes that would be ok I would however state that this e-mail address is only to be used for requested responses not for general " debt collection activity" which may and has sometimes amounted to harassment.

nem

Comment

letters only e-mails seem to be get lost etc as experience shown, very convenient , just name and address as you say they already have it, failure of which if they insist on any other DOB etc then point out to them they already correspond to your address, so why anything extra but keep to letters and file same by date also send Recorded Delivery any letters you send and attached their signature for each letter to the actual copy you have.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X