• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Robinson Way - Home Visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robinson Way - Home Visit

Originally posted by kelike28 View Post
    Yes FP I did actually mean to write Santander as you'd previously told me. Sorry! It's early haha!
    Shall I write to RW for now and say I'm awaiting a reply to SAR from Santander and will be in touch with them soon or not bother? Id just rather not risk getting a claim due to ignoring them. Thanks
    I'd say it's a good idea to tell RW you are waiting for info from Santander to be able to assess your position. :thumb:

Comment

Thanks..I did that by email over the weekend. Will also be writing to them again as I've got home to another letter from them asking for my offer of repayment within 14 days.
      Included in the letter they state the default date was July 2010 and there is also a copy of the signed application and copies of banking additional facility/ instant plus upgrade forms. 4 of what looks like the same thing. £150 overdraft requested on each form....

Comment

Thanks..I did that by email over the weekend. Will also be writing to them again as I've got home to another letter from them asking for my offer of repayment within 14 days.
        Included in the letter they state the default date was July 2010 and there is also a copy of the signed application and copies of banking additional facility/ instant plus upgrade forms. 4 of what looks like the same thing. £150 overdraft requested on each form....
        Sounds like your letters have crossed. It's always best to send a copy in the post, preferably recorded if you can afford it. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          Sounds like your letters have crossed. It's always best to send a copy in the post, preferably recorded if you can afford it. :thumb:
          Yes I do usually put copy of email in the post anyway. Will do recorded in future too. Should I still ask Santander when OD was recalled?

Comment

Yes I do usually put copy of email in the post anyway. Will do recorded in future too. Should I still ask Santander when OD was recalled?
            I would! :thumb:

Comment

FP do you know if Santander will provide me with this info if I call them or will they say I need to send SAR?
              Thanks

Comment

I will do SAR anyway at some point as they made me have PPI with my mortgage years ago.. They said it was a must and I could prob do with claiming that back if that sort of thing is still going on.

Comment

I will do SAR anyway at some point as they made me have PPI with my mortgage years ago.. They said it was a must and I could prob do with claiming that back if that sort of thing is still going on.
                  You can most certainly reclaim PPI, personally I would get a SAR done asap who knows what it may turn up!!

nem

Comment

They have agreed to change my name if I send proof. Could that be decree absolute and my birth cert? I have no idea where any other info would be from when I actually changed it. I'm sure I did it online and paid a fee but that was years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Nem Thank you. Shall do it pay day.
                    Can in just write simple request or is there a particular format I should put it in.
                    Last edited by kelike28; 24th June 2015, 07:58:AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

They have agreed to change my name if I send proof. Could that be decree absolute and my birth cert? I have no idea where any other info would be from when I actually changed it. I'm sure I did it online and paid a fee but that was years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Nem Thank you. Shall do it pay day.
                      Can in just write simple request or is there a particular format I should put it in.
                      Yes those documents are enough proof.

nem

Comment

FP do you know if Santander will provide me with this info if I call them or will they say I need to send SAR?
                        Thanks
                        For the purpose of this claim it would be good if you could get the info regarding the overdraft over the phone, some people have been successful in getting and answer this way. The have 40 days to respond to a SAR so if you can get the details you need without having to wait that long it would be good. :thumb:

The SAR info will come in handy as the claim progresses, as it will be a few months before it goes to trial (if it reaches that far) so you should have your SAR results by then.

You may want to start a separate thread with regards to your PPI reclaim here: Payment Protection Insurance - PPI

With Santander you will have to be persistent, when I sent them a SAR they initially responded with six months of statements and a letter saying if I wanted any more I had to pay another £10! :scared: After I complained I eventually got the full six years and £50 compensation. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                          For the purpose of this claim it would be good if you could get the info regarding the overdraft over the phone, some people have been successful in getting and answer this way. The have 40 days to respond to a SAR so if you can get the details you need without having to wait that long it would be good. :thumb:

The SAR info will come in handy as the claim progresses, as it will be a few months before it goes to trial (if it reaches that far) so you should have your SAR results by then.

You may want to start a separate thread with regards to your PPI reclaim here: Payment Protection Insurance - PPI

With Santander you will have to be persistent, when I sent them a SAR they initially responded with six months of statements and a letter saying if I wanted any more I had to pay another £10! :scared: After I complained I eventually got the full six years and £50 compensation. :grin:
                          Thanks again.
                          Do I need to give a reason why I want the info. Just trying to imagine how the conversation will go before I call them. Will do SAR tomorrow as pay day.
                          Really hope it doesn't go as far as court.

Comment

Thanks again.
                            Do I need to give a reason why I want the info. Just trying to imagine how the conversation will go before I call them. Will do SAR tomorrow as pay day.
                            Really hope it doesn't go as far as court.
                            No need for an explanation, it was your account and you have the right to ask about it. Knowing Santander, they may not have the info on their computer screens, however, it's worth a try and costs nothing. :cell:

Send the SAR recorded delivery, it will cost a bit more but it's well worth it, especially when dealing with Santander. :thumb:

Comment

Ok FP Thank You so much. Will call in a mo and post back with their answer whatever it may be. Shall do SAR recorded tomorrow

Comment

Never heard back from Santander but stupidly I furor to send recorded....i keep getting weekly letters from RW though. I do reply now and then stating I am awaiting info still from San to be able to assess my position but the letters keep coming. Even if I do SAR again recorded do they usually come within 40 days then?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X