• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Extension of Probationary Period and a whole lot of other grief

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension of Probationary Period and a whole lot of other grief

My husband has worked for his employer (UNDER VARIOUS NAMES) for more than 9 years and he was the first employee in a new business. To cut a long story shorter, there were redundancies and he was to be one, but offered an operators job, when he is and engineer and because his contract and job title wAS not updated classified as a technician, a grade that has been removed.
    He secured a trial period as an Engineer with lots of extra hours etc. and had no reason to think he was not meeting expectations as the promised meetings and support were not fulfilled. The trial period started at the beginning of November, although his additional duties began the week before and were for a 3..4 month period, depending on who was talking. Eventually he said something along the lines of "am I to report for work next week then?" to be told yes. Then despite reminders nothing else happened until we e mailed the manager and HR. On Friday there was a meeting with HR his 2nd line manager (the 1st line has resigned_) and 3rd line manager. Now they say he must goon ANOTHER TRIAL.
    If someone has let him know their concerns etc. (via the promised, but un-held meetings) any issues could have been addressed. Nothing is good enough for them. Today he was at work before 6am until 10am approx. He sent the required e mail for shut down, closing, "if there are any issues or concerns please contract me by phone text or e mail".
    Having finished a family roast with our grown up son and partner he finds one of colleagues has been into sight and dealt with a problem which no one told him about. This is terrible, the "I phone "seems to chain people to their jobs 24/7. This is a time served engineer aged 63 years old. The 3rd line manager and HR manager do seem to have old grudges to bear. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. This is putting our 32 year old marriage under strain and I feel so frustrated - sorry to rant! x
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X