• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bryan carter / lowells ,,, coop bank loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryan carter / lowells ,,, coop bank loan

hi , in jan i recieved court order from northampton bulk centre from bryan carter lowell, the last payment i made was back insept 2008 so i filed a defence sb since then all i have heard is that they offering to settle out of court , anyone know what happens next ,? regards
    Tags: None

Re: bryan carter / lowells ,,, coop bank loan

Hi Welcome to LB,

I take it you mean a " court claim" was received?
    1. Check with the court tomorrow to see if the claim has been stayed, because Carter has not responded.
    It is not unknown for DCA's to do this and then offer to negotiate an out of court settlement once they realise that
    a debt is statute barred or there is some other reason the debt is unenforceable.

Did you send CCA Request to Lowell and/or a CPR31.14 request to Carter?

Can you please supply the following information.

What type of account is this.
    How much is claimed?
    When was the account defaulted?
    nem

Comment

hi nem, the debt was for £9000,,, plus carters charges + interest came to about £9800, it was a bank loan i defaulted on ( not proud but it was 2008 and my priority was the mortgage) hadent heard anything for years when out of the blue a letter from lowells saying that they now owned the debt and carters were taking me to court ,, few days later it arrived , date of default around july 2008 , date carters court claim was jan 2015, i filed defence as sb in feb ,,, its now nearly april and all iv heard is that they would like to settle out of court ,,, many thanks for replying

Comment

Originally posted by depdawg View Post
        hi nem, the debt was for £9000,,, plus carters charges + interest came to about £9800, it was a bank loan i defaulted on ( not proud but it was 2008 and my priority was the mortgage) hadent heard anything for years when out of the blue a letter from lowells saying that they now owned the debt and carters were taking me to court ,, few days later it arrived , date of default around july 2008 , date carters court claim was jan 2015, i filed defence as sb in feb ,,, its now nearly april and all iv heard is that they would like to settle out of court ,,, many thanks for replying
        Sounds like SB is the right defence.
        Is this account still showing on credit files?
        Has there been absolutely no payment in the last 6 years prior to the cc claim issue date?
        Please phone the court in the morning I suspect the claim is stayed, in which case application
        for strike out is a next move.

nem

Comment

many thanks nem ,

Comment

sorry just read , that question , i have no idea if its showing on my credit report , id better get a copy and see , no no payments and no contact with anyone in over 6 yrs , which is what surprised me ,, the default date that carters had on the papers were 2013 though lol

Comment

Originally posted by depdawg View Post
              sorry just read , that question , i have no idea if its showing on my credit report , id better get a copy and see , no no payments and no contact with anyone in over 6 yrs , which is what surprised me ,, the default date that carters had on the papers were 2013 though lol
              Worth a check on CRA file then Noddle is free online, Equifax and Experian have 30 day free trials.

nem

Comment

ok , i have got my credit report , solicitor , bryan carter , lowell portfolio 1 , this is an old co-op bank loan ,says date of default 24/12/2009, and says arrow global ltd ..thought i was dealing with lowell ,, hmm plot thickens , lowells havent replied to statute barred defence , have offered to settle out of court yet case still going in court , been allocated to my home town , seems they are pressing ahead with no proof of the debt not being sb

Comment

usual procedure for Lowells/B..C. await for their next missive, read other threads on B.C. Lowells and you will see the pattern of their begging letters. they usually end up discontinuing, just a matter of time?

Comment

Lowell has offered to settle out of court??

Which company is name on the Claim Form?

It is still up to Lowell to prove unequivocally that the debt is not statute barred.

nem

Comment

hi nem , yes lowells are offering to settle out of court ,, their name is on court papers , on credit file it says creditor arrow global , its been rumbling on since early february ,, absolutly no reply to sb defence , yet going to push on to court just awaiting date

Comment

So Lowell is not on the credit file?
                        Did you get a Notice of Assignment from Arrow or Lowell?

nem

Comment

no lowells not on credit file , arrow global are. yet lowells are who im defending the claim against , unless im getting confused and there is another default on my file , it shows lowell have serched my file for admin reasons

Comment

This is confusing, it looks as if Lowell have not updated the credit file after buying the debt.
                            Can you please post copies of the entries on the credit files after removing your name/address/dob.

nem

Comment

hi nem , i cant post them but theres nothing on credit file from lowell ,,, lots of searches from the interlaken group ltd (csr,tac) interlaken group ltd (bsp,api ) who are now owned by guess who ? yep fredrikson ? lowell

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X