• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hilsden Securities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilsden Securities

Hello all. I am looking for advise please. I had a personal loan with Black Horse. Due to financial dificulties I have stopped payments, and debt has been sold to Hilsden Securities. I have agreed to repayment plan with them, and have been paying them promtly ever since. Recently they have send me statement and I have noticed intrest had been aplied every month. Letter has been sent to Hilsden asking for clarification whether they have a right to do so. As i have read on this forum that when the debt is purchased it has to haveca clause allowing purchaser to apply intrest.
    Hilsden replied advising that when they acquired debt from Black Horse they have also aquired all rights abd responsibilities which includes right to apply intrest. They have attached one page of terms and cobdition from our agreement with Black Horse.
    How should I respond?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Hilsden Securities

Originally posted by monica32 View Post
    Hello all. I am looking for advise please. I had a personal loan with Black Horse. Due to financial dificulties I have stopped payments, and debt has been sold to Hilsden Securities. I have agreed to repayment plan with them, and have been paying them promtly ever since. Recently they have send me statement and I have noticed intrest had been aplied every month. Letter has been sent to Hilsden asking for clarification whether they have a right to do so. As i have read on this forum that when the debt is purchased it has to haveca clause allowing purchaser to apply intrest.
    Hilsden replied advising that when they acquired debt from Black Horse they have also aquired all rights abd responsibilities which includes right to apply intrest. They have attached one page of terms and cobdition from our agreement with Black Horse.
    How should I respond?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Hi,

Have you got a copy of your agreement from when you opened the account?

If not, then you could make a request under s77(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 as long as you send the £1.00 fee with the request, they should provide you with a clear legible copy of the agreement, which then will you the rights and obligations under the contract
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi Welcome.
      Before considering a response, please provide the following.
      The date the account was opened?
      The Date it was defaulted?#
      The amount owed?
      A copy of the letter/T's & C's you have received.
      Personally I doubt their right to apply interest.

nem

Comment

Hello,
        Account has been opened in 16/02/2011. In October 2012 due to finacial dificulties I wrote to BH and asked for reduced payment plan which was agreed.
        in April 2013 BH has passed account to Ascent Legal. In July 2014 they have sold it to Hilsden Securities Limited.
        I have sent SAR reqest when BH sold the debt. Looking through it now there is ni defoult notice.
        The amount owed is £5134.
        Thank you

Comment

I have attached letter received from Hilsden together with one page of terms and condition from my agreement with BH.
          Thank you for all help and advice.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

The page of T's & C's is to small to read I'm afraid even when magnified it's too blurred.
            Please type up the section re the interest and right to charge it.

nem

Comment

Hello,

Intrest will be calculated at the intrest rate shown on page 1 on the daily balance outstanding on the Account and debited to the Account on the last day of each calendar month.( after as well as before any judgment)
              Thats all it says regarding intrest.
              On page one
              Financial information
              amount of credti: £9000
              total charge for credit:£4.334.40
              total anount payable: £13334.40
              APR 17.9%
              Intrest ratw 16.70% per annum

Comment

Emm can't see that allows Hillesden to add interest after they acquired the account, let's get some more opinions on this.
                I seem to recall something about Hillesden and interest some years ago.
                Perhaps Amethyst may know.

nem

Comment

Great thank you. How should I cobtact Amethyst?

Comment

Originally posted by monica32 View Post
                    Great thank you. How should I cobtact Amethyst?
                    Amethyst will pick up on the name mention in the post and will respond when able, bearing in mind it is Sunday afternoon.

nem

Comment

Morning all,

Is anyone able to share their wisdom on my case please. I was thinking of sending another letter requesting proof that assignment was absolute, but after checking my Cra file Hilsden is on it as debt owner so I supose that is my answer.
                      Thabk you in advance

Comment

Yes correct Hillesden are debt purchasers.
                        nem

Comment

Hello,

Could anyone answer my question regarding intrest applied by Dca to my debt pls?

Comment

That will be dependent on the terms of the original agreement.

nem

Comment

Nem,

I have read terms and conditions and only part that is relevant to it says:
                              'We may transfer any of our rights and duties under this agreement.'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X