• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn bailiff illegal letters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newlyn bailiff illegal letters

Hi

I am recieving letters and visits that I believe to be illegal (based on what I have read on other websites/forums)

Without going in to too much detail I had a yellow box junction PCN rejected by an adjudicator for Ealing council.

after this decision i wrote to them 3 times to explain I would pay the original fine amount. No response.

a year later almost and NEWLYN have started to send me letters!
    the first letter (dated 11/03/2015) arrived 26/03/2015, even though the letter stated I had to pay the new amount of £277 by 3pm 25/03/2015!!!! This was a NOTICE OF ENFORCEMENT.

2 days later (28/03/2015) a man on a moped arrived and simply confirmed my house number and handed my mother (I was out at a anti-capitalist event - the irony! - at the time) a letter dated 25/03/2015 claiming he had come to my address to remove goods (on a moped?) and the new amount was £512!!!! This letter said 'CONTROL OF GOODS' 'DELIVERED BY HAND'

i was sure they had to give 7 days notice of a bailiff visit? This guy didn't even give his name or what company he was from or what he was calling for!!!!

please help!
    Last edited by KRLetsStandTogether; 28th March 2015, 22:17:PM.
    Tags: bailiff, newlyn, pcn

Re: Newlyn bailiff illegal letters

Hi KRLST.

Let's take this in stages.

Your appeal was turned down, you wrote to them 3 letters confirming that you would pay the original fine, why did you not send one letter with a cheque for the amount owed or gone online to https://www.e-paycobalt.com/Ealing and cleared yuor debt?

Since you did not then the Council went toTEC at Northampton for issuing a Warrant of Control for unpaid PCN which was then passed to an approved Enforcement Agency (Newlyn are one of many) to recover the money plus £75 Compliance fee.

Newlyn, as per regulations, wrote to you twice and you ignored those letters, which means that they passed it to Enforcement Stage at the additional cost of £235.00.

So far everything is legal.

That the enforcement agent turned up on a moped with the intention of removing goods it is not so outlandish, as the regulations/legislation states that goods taken under control, if they are household goods, can not be removed until the day of the sale, which would not happen for at least 6 days, and if it would have been a vehicle, all he/she needed was to clamp it, and a clamp can easily be carried on a moped if strapped propertly, wait for two hours then call a tow truck to remove it.

I am sorry to say that the best advice I can give you is to pay up, or try to enter in a payment arrangement, the terms of which you will have to negotiate with the Enforcemnt Agent in charge of the case.

I can not stress enough the need to engage with the Enforcement Agency or Agent to avoid stress.

Learn from your mistakes and for future reference try not to enter a box junction unless you can clear it.
    The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X