• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parked too long in McDonalds...lease company paid up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parked too long in McDonalds...lease company paid up!

Hello all, I desperately need some advice.

I recently parked in McDonalds for three hours. I had no idea that there was a 90 minute maximum stay until our fleet manager informed me that the lease company had received an invoice from MET Parking Services for £50.

The lease company paid the invoice in full, then passed it onto my employer with a £10 admin fee on top. My employer will now deduct it from my salary.

So can I still appeal even though the lease company (stupidly) paid up?

I'm wondering whether to try to recoup my money from MET, the lease company, or even my employer.

Any help appreciated.

Mike.
    Tags: None

Re: Parked too long in McDonalds...lease company paid up!

Met won't refund.

It really depends on the terms of the lease and your employment contract. Most will have sections on penalty notices, speeding fines etc however most don't mention "speculative invoices".

M1

Comment

Tell you employer that this would be an illeagal deduction from salary. Get your employer to dispute the invoice with the lease company. Ask what in the terms and conditions allows them to ask for the payment. It would be for fines and penalties, which this is not.

Comment

Thanks very much.

Incredibly, after receiving my complaint the lease company told me that they'd consulted their own legal department, who agreed with me.

They then wished me well with my appeal.

I'll ask for a copy of the lease agreement and go from there.

Is it possible to get the small claims court involved? The sum is £60 and I understand I'd pay court fees (would these be returned if I win?) but it's partly the principle and partly stopping this happening in the future. But should I direct this action against the lease company or employer?

Comment

If the PCN has already been paid then there is probably not much point in appealing against the PCN. Let the lease company take the hit, they will know better next time.

If the lease company have paid then it would be difficult to think of a reason you would be claiming against MET as you are a third party in this now.

Comment

Thanks. I've already told the lease company that the invoice for alleged breach of contract was between me and MET, they had no business paying it.
            I'll check the lease agreement, I wonder if they're included any clauses to dig them out of this one.

Comment

Originally posted by mpt600 View Post
              Thanks. I've already told the lease company that the invoice for alleged breach of contract was between me and MET, they had no business paying it.
              I'll check the lease agreement, I wonder if they're included any clauses to dig them out of this one.

They'll probably think they have but upon inspection that'll turn out to be wishful thinking.

Tell your company that the lease company has stated the charge wasn't actually due and that you are now treating it as an unlawful deduction and you want it back. Say please the first time you ask.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X