• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Election 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Election 2015: Conservative benefit cut options leaked

I worked all my working life I was self employed and often worked 7 days a week I paid all my taxes etc and never claimed any benefit I still don't I am retired and live on a small pension as I am not old enough to get the state pension. Someone elses money is the same money I paid into the country and my family now do .

The benefits system is not perfect never will be its purpose has been lost by successive governments who failed to create a country where the rich get richer and the poor do the same

Comment

It doesn't work that way.
      There is no pot of money that you paid into. The country is reportedly bankrupt to the tune of Ł1.4 trillion, plus the "off balance sheet" items.
      The system is that the public sector continues to spend around Ł100 billion more each year than it takes in taxes from the private sector.
      That overspending needs to be addressed, rather than just Milimong and Balls wanting to tax the private sector even more.

Comment

We would all agree the Country is an Economic disaster the answer? who does if the so called clever people running the Country cannot sort it I am so glad iam ignorant.

We had milliband and balls running the Country a few years ago they messed up we have only the word of Dave and his trust fund pals that is being sorted if we believe them there is no hope.

There is and never will be a quick fix for the mess no matter who is in power it will stay the same with promises that are not kept higher taxes probably indirect and the Opposition who ever it may be will do nothing but put down the Government and its Ministers with nothing but personal attacks the same as the campaign is going to be leading up to the election

Comment

Agreed.
          What do we see?
          The reality is that 1.9 million more people are now in work. Fully 1000 more per day of the coalition being in power. Labour said there would be 4 million unemployed.
          We see 2% of new jobs being zero-hours contracts, and 98% not.
          We see 80% of new jobs being full-time.
          We see zero inflation.
          We see record FTSE levels.
          We see businesses investing in the UK. Look at the UK motor industry now.
          I've never forgotten having to study for my "A" levels by candlelight.
          Do remind me which party Harold Wilson ran then.
          Oh yes, the "spend other people's money party, aka Labour".
          I can't believe there are such morons who might even vote this lot in again.
          Milimong as PM? Can you believe it?

Comment

I never vote for anyone where I live it will always be conservative they never put up a decent opposition to them

Comment

When I look at what Labour has done to the NHS in Wales, I'm glad I live in England.
              I go over to Bridgend fairly regularly as I have employees working at the Ford engine plant.
              The area is a disgrace.

Comment

I have said before that how I cast my vote would depend on the performance of my local candidate. Having watched Cameron v Miliband for the second time I can tell you that the conservative candidate has not got a chance.
                Ok there will be a lot of sensationalising and biased press coverage and I know only too well how easy it is to make speculation and theory read like fact but I no longer trust this lot.
                Forget any promises or speculation.
                Cameron et al claim to have created more than a million private sector jobs. Allowing companies to ‘hire’ people and then not have to pay them during their probationary period? Allowing Zero hours contracts? These are the sort of jobs William Wilberforce spent his life fighting! They are not real jobs that provide any real hope of long term employment
                They allowed jobcentres to set ‘Targets’ to cut peoples benefits.
                I live in the real world and the truth is some people do not want to work. Some people are better off on benefits. However, there are many people who through no fault of their own find themselves out of work and have to resort to claiming benefits. There are also the invalids, long term ill and their carers who need benefits to survive and I say survive not live in the lap of luxury. If employees are either offered an incentive or pressurised into cutting peoples benefits then mistakes will and have been made resulting in dire poverty.
                The NHS is in a state of chaos. The conservatives believe that pilling more people into administrative rolls will solve the problem. The NHS is the 5th or 6th largest employer in the world but 51% of employees have a non-clinical role. The hospitals are dirty, the clinical care in many hospitals is bordering on negligent. Our local maternity department will no longer have a resident obstetrician.
                Only the very privileged can hope to leave third level education with the qualifications required to become the doctors and indeed properly qualified teachers this country desperately needs. Many graduates have to leave the country to avoid being hounded by debt collectors. The starting salary for a junior house doctor is a lot lower than people imagine. Graduates are offered teaching roles without an approved teaching qualification.
                So, we deny many vulnerable people any form of aid while we investigate their claim, we are better off staying at home to have babies and our hospitals would make Florence Nightingale swoon, only the rich can afford third level education, and people are expected to work for little or nothing.
                If I get started on NI, PAYE, VAT and so called ‘taxable benefits’ I will go into a tail spin.
                Sure, not all these issues were created by the current Government but they have had plenty of time to sort them out. I am bothered by the company Cameron keeps –Ms. Brooks, Mr. Coulson and The Rev Greene to name just 3 but after that I do not care who they sup or indeed sleep with. I care about the Dickensian conditions that far too many people are expected to live in.
                So, to quote that well known rebellious line ‘"I struck the board, and cried, no more.’
                No matter what our local tory promises or even if he walks around with a halo, sells his cloak and sword to help the poor, has the head and torso of Poldark and looks like Red Adair when he is having a pee –He is not getting my vote. If he sashays up to our door, I’ll set the squirrels on him (don’t have dogs).

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                ~ Anonymous

Comment

I have to write that the NHS takes a beating almost every time there is politics on the menu.............but Mrs Fred has been treated very well over the last six months & personally don't know where we would be without them. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

I have to say that it took me two years to work out that it was Ed not David Miliband who was leader of the labour party. The one thing I do hate in the discussion is the fact that Labour appear to have a policy of taxing those who are successful, those people who create wealth or are entrepreneurial. Conservatives, on the face of it appear to do something similar but target the rich on the basis that some benefits will be means tested so that those that can pay for themselves will do so.

It's blindingly obvious to me that there will be a hung Parliament so what the politicians will promise over the next 6 weeks or how much of their tax plans will be leaked, the fact remains that they will have to compromise to an extent. We know that politicians will promise you caviar and champagne and give you chips and a coke(personally a better food deal!!). Ed Miliband is the reason why Labour will NOT win a majority because he does not come across as someone that you would trust. As it stands today, I am unlikely to vote because of two main reasons: I am in a safe Conservative constituency and I just don't think my vote really counts on this occasion.
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I'm not sure what all those people who would like 'the Social' to get closed down think that would happen as a result? Everyone getting a job?

As a friend of mine has said many times, if you don't like the safety net, buy a one way ticket to India. There you'd see what a country without the Social is like.

The point that often goes missing is the fact that most people claiming benefits are actually working. Is it their fault that wages and salaries just aren't enough to live?

The government is effectively subsidising likes of McDonald's, Tesco, Starbucks, bookies etc.

I used to be a Tory voter and even a member of the party during my younger days but enough is enough. This time they won't get my vote!

Comment

The big problem we have is that the people who most need reform are the least likely to vote. All the parties will cater for the middle classes because they are the most likely to vote. If they believed that the people who are less financially secure would vote then they would actually listen to their views. Outbursts and protest will not matter a damn. They will please the people who keep them in power.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                        ~ Anonymous

Comment

Who will get your vote, Mr Squandalot?
                          I'll refrain from saying the clue is in your name.
                          Ed Balls' pseudonym?

Comment

Neither Tories, nor Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by sean5302 View Post
                              When I look at what Labour has done to the NHS in Wales, I'm glad I live in England.
                              I go over to Bridgend fairly regularly as I have employees working at the Ford engine plant.
                              The area is a disgrace.
                              Well we are extremely pleased with NHS Cymru.
                              My OH , following routine mammogram, was diagnosed with breast cancer.
                              She was operated on within a fortnight of the mammogram by one of the world's leading breast cancer surgeons in a dedicated unit in Lanelli.

Later she developed a hole in her macular and was in hospital within 24 hours. Last week at our annual eye examination the (English) optician said it was the best repair he has ever seen.

What p****s me off is Cameron trying to divert attention from the poor state of the English NHS by slating the Welsh version.

And in case peeps had forgotten it is not only the "hard working" who pay taxes, so do pensioners and those on benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                                I have to write that the NHS takes a beating almost every time there is politics on the menu.............but Mrs Fred has been treated very well over the last six months & personally don't know where we would be without them. :tinysmile_twink_t2:
                                There are remarkable people working for the NHS. Two of them are my best friends. Both have worked for the NHS for many, many years and both agree it is rotting. Not totally rotten but rotting. Many of the essential and often overlooked hospital services such as cleaning and catering have been contracted out and many new recruits are lacking the essential feeling of ‘vocation’. A third friend emigrated where he is now credited with performing well documented and publicised ‘miracles’ in his field. He left because his skills would never be encouraged or even appreciated in the UK. He also realised that considering the salaries offered in the UK it would take him many, many years to repay his Ł45k student debt despite having worked every spare hour during his student days.
                                Here in north wales we lost the best gynaecologist in the country. His work has been the subject of reports and he has been a guest on a number of BBC programmes He actually saved my life but the trust literally drove him out. My GP got it wrong and it was only through my friendship with another doctor who knew this gynaecologist did I get a proper diagnosis. Had I presented within the last few months I would have died.
                                GPs are allowed 7 mins. Per patient. For some, especially the elderly, this is how long it takes to remove a coat before a proper consultation or assessment can begin. In hospitals, non-medically trained administrators have no idea how to allocate theatre times or allow for post-operative care yet they have absolute control over allocation and timetables. The NHS is top heavy with ignorant management who are obsessed with budgets and targets and somewhere along the way they have forgotten that the ‘product’ they work with is a human being. If you get well treated in Hospital it is despite the best efforts of the department of health.

~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X