• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice sought regard Warrant of Entry application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice sought regard Warrant of Entry application

Hello - I'll try and give as much detail as I can, and thank you for any assistance you can give me for your opinion / references.

I've been in dispute with First Utility about the meter readings (and tariff but that's less important to me) for since May 2013, which is when I cancelled the Direct Debit that previously they had been using. When the dispute went nowhere we tried to switch providers, to Flow Energy in June 2013, but it now appears that this switch was rejected, although we've had no notice of this. Indeed looking back now at the correspondence we received a letter from Flow Energy CONFIRMING that our Gas supply would be switched to Flow Energy from the 21st July 2013. It appears that the Electricty part of the transfer fell through the cracks however and we've not really been on the ball (2nd child was born June 2013 ...). I've now seen that both the Electricity and Gas are still with FU.

Frankly its something that we should have been more organised about, however we've been paying Flow Energy £103 a month and figured eventually First Utility would actually reply to us as they promised on several occasions (verbally) with a corrected final bill.

However its now come to the point where Hydon on behalf of FU (just how I feel) have notified us of an application for a warrant of entry to be heard next week. I replied to their letter with a forceful rebuttal of the claim and a lot of quotes from the FCA's Consumer Credit sourcebook ... I'm really not sure what on earth I was thinking about at the time because I can't see what the Consumer Credit sourcebook has to do with owing a debt!

I called Hydron today and they are proceeding with the application to for the WoEntry unsurprisingly. My questions are :
    • Should the hearing not be MY local Magistrates court - am I expected to travel to any Mag court in the country if I want to be present for the application?
    • We qualify as a 'vulnerable' family as we have 2 children sub 5 years of age. I've seen an unsubstantiated reference that such family's should not have a pre-payment meter fitted - can anyone point me to anything concrete?
    • I presume simply that explaining the debt is disputed (which my crap letter to Hydron did specifically state) will be satisfactory to at least get a proper hearing at a later date?

I intend to be present for the WoEntry application and will seek out the rep from Hydron in advance.

Comments, criticisms and advice are very much welcomed!

Irksome
    Tags: None

Re: Advice sought regard Warrant of Entry application

Just giving this a bump for you. I am sure someone will come along soon to help. xx

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X