• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recieved Fine From Bailiff And I'm Innocent.!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recieved Fine From Bailiff And I'm Innocent.!!

I have a notice from Collectica for £652.80 it's the 3rd letter I've had from them at first I thought it was just a Scam but yesterday got another letter for

PRE-REMOVAL NOTICE

These are the only letters ive had of any kind. So anyway I phoned them up this morning to find out what this was about and see if it's Genuine. They told me that on the 08/08/14 I was caught on the Train in Hammersmith, London without a valid ticket thing is I was at Work 15 miles away on that day and I drive a car I don't do public transport the fine come from Hammersmith Magistrate Court but i never actually heard from the court themselves only Collectica.

They must have tracked me down through credit agencies cause the court obviously didn't have a real address

I'm confident somebody has used my name when they have been caught. Anyway i was told to ring the court on Monday and appeal. I just need some information from people here what i Need to do.

I can prove i was at work. I have invoices created by myself for customers with my name on it (i work in a plumbers merchant) I can get writin letters from my managers and superiors to confirm i was there. I won't know to much till Monday morning when i speak to the court.

But what is my course of actions here guys. What will the court ask for, Will the Ticket man have a description of the Fraudster who gave my name, Should i go police station and report a crime..

Any help would be good.

Regards.
    Tags: None

Re: Recieved Fine From Bailiff And I'm Innocent.!!

Yes, you need to ring the court. When the train inspector issued the penalty, he would've written a physical description of the fare dodger. So as long as you don't have a fare-dodging long lost twin, it will soon be cleared up. It might inconvenience you a bit as you may have to present yourself to be matched against the description, or send in some sort of photo ID, but it should be simple enough.

Comment

Thank You AL

So if the court should realize it wasn't me would it be a case of the Bailiffs leaving me alone stright away or will they still pursue me for months after.

Arrhhh

What rotten luck. It must me be somebody who knows me to give my real name and D.O.B

Comment

Yep, hate to say it, but it'll be someone close.

Comment

And national insurance number most likely as well
          None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases

Comment

Originally posted by josephbloggs View Post
            And national insurance number most likely as well

Comment

So went to court today and had to sign a Statutory Declaration due back in on Friday next week. They wouldn't see any of my evidence I have to enclose that when the case reopens then.

Ive got letters from employers, Clock-in records from my head office at work and various receipts for my customers issued all different times throughout the day.

I'm hoping this should be enough to prove my case.

Joe what do you mean about the ''freeman of the land'' ??

Comment

Hopefully all be sorted by next week then.

by the way - It's just my profile signature but this explains more
                http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freeman-on-the-land
                None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases

Comment

So guys I've been thinking about this a lot as most of us do and come to the conclusion what of this offence took place out of my working hours like a time of got no evidence of whereabouts.

What happens if I go to the court and they say this took place at 8pm at night. what do I do.??

Comment

Like I said, the ticket inspector will have a written description of the person they caught. You'll be able to explain it all to the court on Friday.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X