• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

my doctoter said i cannot drive i cannot work and not eligle for benefits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my doctoter said i cannot drive i cannot work and not eligle for benefits

hi , i was driving the other day i had worked a long shift with little sleep and had not eaten or drank since breakfast , i had a dizzy spell and pulled over till i was alright , i went home and told my girlfriend she had me go to the doctors who said i could not drive and needed tests at the hospital i went to the hospital and they said the tests would take 2 months ??
    they did not even take my blood pressure , i cannot beleive it i have no income what so ever as i am self employed what can i do , can i take legal action bvecause i did not have a accident at all
    Tags: None

Re: my doctoter said i cannot drive i cannot work and not eligle for benefits

What is it you do ?
    I'm no benefits expert but you might be able to claim income support, housing benefit and council tax benefit.
    did you explain to the doctor that you had not eaten or drunk since breakfast . Why had had you nothing to eat ? EAt go the doctor ask for second opinion . Check what the doctor said . He have said that you should not drive that day .
    Have you had any more dizzy spells.
    Check your insurance policies to se whether you have income replacement or critical illness cover .

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
      What is it you do ?
      I'm no benefits expert but you might be able to claim income support, housing benefit and council tax benefit.
      did you explain to the doctor that you had not eaten or drunk since breakfast . Why had had you nothing to eat ? EAt go the doctor ask for second opinion . Check what the doctor said . He have said that you should not drive that day .
      Have you had any more dizzy spells.
      Check your insurance policies to see whether you have income replacement or critical illness cover .
      1. Have you notified the DVLA about this ?
      2. Driving when you have been advised not to will invalidate your insurance.
      3. Generally this advise is given informally, the real worry is if the doctor has
      informed the DVLA himself..
      4. Perhaps the best advice is to discuss it again with your doctor, explain again the
      circumstances, he may then modify his advice. I suspect that what he is worried ]
      about are TIA's. not a single dizzy spell.:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Was the doctors advice put in writing?

nem

Comment

i have never had dizzy spells before or since , and was working a long shift , i have been to another doctor who said i was fit to drive but i need a letter saying that for my insurance , do i need to inform the dvla still the letter has not yet been forth coming

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X