• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

barclays fraud account-same branch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barclays fraud account-same branch

the following is a fraudlent account

Barclays 205082, acct no 83319679

the chap is fraudlently trying to sell match tickets he doesn't have on craiglist

by the looks of it he has been doing it a few times

I was scammed 3 mths ago for £990 from an account with a similar sort code at the same branch (double checked post code) of Barclays in Leicester. I just wonder if any body can offer any input as to why/how fraudtsters are opening an account at the same branch at Barclays or is it some sort of automated system where this branch is allocated lots of accounts opened elsewhere

Humaakht
    Tags: None

Re: barclays fraud account-same branch

Automatic granting of credit/banking facilities has caused problems like this even though checks are made the initial application may well be " clean" .
    Another problem is cloning accounts which is equally common.

Did you approach Barclays Fraud Department and Action Fraud?

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem, Ah that explains it

Not yet because iv just found out

I hope to call them monday

Comment

Happy to help, keep us posted please!

nem

Comment

Can you give me the beneficiary name and email address used as well please and I will forward this on to my contact at Barclays Fraud Ops.

How are you sure it is a fraud?
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45
            Another problem is cloning accounts which is equally common.
            Happened to a friend

She in UK and transactions being made in USA. Her passport proof saved her from a hefty bill from bank.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X