• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HI ALL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI ALL

Hi all im a newbie and need all the help i can get please !!
    Tags: None

Re: HI ALL

Originally posted by rochysaz View Post
    Hi all im a newbie and need all the help i can get please !!
    Hi Welcome to LB.

How can we help?

nem

Comment

HI all i am a newbie so hope i am doing this right ?
      Brief description of what i need help with !
      I had a credit card with Aqua which went into default when i became a student in 2013. In Feb 2014 i spoke to an advisor who offered me a settlement figure to pay off the debt this was a reduced rate , i however offered full payment of the debt under negotiation that they would remove the default as a good will gesture which they agreed . Feb 2015 i was about to apply for a mortgage so i requested a copy of experian credit file to notice that the default was still there NOT happy:badidea: I phoned Aqua to complain that this should have been removed and requested all documentation credit agreement etc to which they have been unable to provide me with anyway to cut a long story short i had a confirmation letter saying that the default would be removed result :tinysmile_twink_t2: however today i had a phone call explaining that all the information that had been given to me is incorrect and that the default will not be removed im outraged as how can they write in a letter saying that they will remove it then go back on their word ?? what can i do now as im really upset about this as i wont be able to get a mortgage without a high deposit because of this?? PLEASE HELP ME !!

Comment

Hi, I presume this is New Day that is refusing to remove the entry?
        You are unlikely to get any joy telephoning about this customer (dis) service departments
        have no authority to act on such matters.
        You have written confirmation that the default would be removed so raise a Formal Complaint4about this
        send a copy of the letter with it. Google the card provider and find an appropriate director to address the complaint to.
        A formal complaint allows 56 days to fully investigate and respond to the complaint after which if the response
        is unsatisfactory you can complain to the regulatory body.

As an aside I'm guessing the reason for the refusal is the Information Commissioners Office stand that credit
        files must show an accurate picture of the conduct of the account i.e.the account was in default and not rectified within the timescale
        set down in the default notice so the defaulted was properly placed and properly reported.

nem

Comment

yes they say that the credit file has to be reported accurately however if that's the case don't agree to remove send written notification and then say oooppps all info you have received is incorrect grrr I have logged it with the financial ombudsman today and i will write a letter to the CEO but need some advice on how to word it appropriately if you can help ?

Comment

Please keep to this thread you seem to have more than one on the same subject.
            It's ICO that regulates credit reference agencies take it up with them.

nem

Comment

ok thankyou x

Comment

ok so update i wrote to the CEO and i had a response from his complaints manager basically saying that they will not be removing the default as they have to show accurate information on credit file they do apologise for writing saying they will remove the default. :tinysmile_cry_t: They have offered me £150 as full and final settlement i need help now as i don't know what else to do. i dont want the £150 i want the default removed please help any advise ?/

Comment

Ok predictable.

Now it's a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office, gather copies of all correspondence to and from them, write a covering letter and post (signed for ) to the ICO.

Personally I would take the £150.00 if you don't want it donate to a deserving cause.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X