• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money Taken Without A Cash Point Card?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Taken Without A Cash Point Card?

One of my service users went to his bank, RBS, today to draw out his benefit money, only to find it was not there. It had been drawn out yesterday.
    He has still got his card and says it has never been missing.
    The money was not there yesterday.
    This means that somehow someone has drawn money out that was not there with a fake card.
    Firstly, is this possible? My client group have been known to lie! Although this guy is a little slow and I doubt that he would make up this story.
    And secondly, who is responsible for money being taken out early?
    Surely the bank should not have let any money go from the account that was not there.
    The poor guy gets his money fortnightly, so has to go two weeks without any benefit. He is already homeless.
    The benefit office won't give him a crisis loan, but I don't think he explained the situation that well. I have written an appeal letter for him.
    Where does he stand with regard to the money being taken before it was there?
    Sally xx
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Re: Money Taken Without A Cash Point Card?

Nattie is your man for this Sally - PM him with the details in case he does not see this.

Comment

Wow Cet, that was quick!
      Will do,
      Sally xx

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

me thinks fraud team and request for copy of debit slip or location of ATM withdrawal if it was made there. They can tell if it is was the real card of a dodgy one. (my gut feeling is that it could be a take and return--they would have known the PIN).

Comment

Mmmmm
          He does keep the pin written down. But insists the card has never left him
          What is a 'take and return'?
          And is there anything he can do about the bank allowing money that had not gone in, to go out?
          Sally xx

Comment

Sally, can you confirm with him that it is an ATM withdrawal or over the counter withdrawal?
            Take and return mean someone he knows has taken his card drawn money out and returned the card back maybe without his knowledge.

Comment

Not sure Nattie.
              Can you tell me what difference that will make to him so I can let him know what to do.
              He insisted that no-one could have taken his card without him knowing.
              Sally xx

Comment

over the counter withdrawal means in all likelihood a signature would be involved.

Comment

And they are easy to forge - some places don't even check!
                  That will be quite simple to prove if it was that.
                  The other part is can he claim the money back from the bank as the money was not there when they let it be drawn out?
                  Sally xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X