• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Form / Leaflet EX160 - Fee Remission / Exemption

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form / Leaflet EX160 - Fee Remission / Exemption

People wishing to apply for a fee remission must use the following forms and leaflets.

Court and Tribunal Fees - do I have to pay them? This leaflet includes the EX160 Application for a Fee Remission Form.

There are two types of fee remissions:

Remission 1 – You will receive a full fee remission if you receive one of the means-tested benefits listed below:

Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

Income Support

Universal Credit with gross annual earnings of less than £6,000

State Pension Credit - Guarantee Credit

Scottish Civil Legal Aid (not Advice and Assistance or Advice by Way of Representation)

Remission 2 – you will receive a full remission if your gross monthly income is below the thresholds shown;

If you are not eligible for FULL remission you may be eligible for a partial reduction in fees. Read the EX160 and use the Fee remissions contribution calculator (Excel) to check this out.
    Attached Files
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Form / Leaflet EX160 - Fee Remission / Exemption

Click image to download forms

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Guidance notes for EX160 fee remission applications
      You may be eligible for a fee remission if you receive one of the benefits listed below
      or if you have a low income. To apply for remission you will need to send a completed
      EX160 form and supporting evidence with your N244 application. The EX160 form and
      instructions on completing it are available as part of booklet EX160A, which can be
      downloaded from the Court FormFinder at
      http://www.justice.gov.uk/global/forms/hmcts/index.htm.

If you do not have internet access, please contact us and we will post you a booklet.
      Please read the booklet carefully before completing the form. Ensure you
      enclose all necessary evidence in support of your application for fee remission.
      All evidence must be original, photocopies cannot be accepted. If you require
      the evidence to be returned to you, please enclose a covering letter requesting
      this. Incomplete / incorrectly completed forms or forms with incorrect or
      missing evidence cannot be processed and will be returned to you.

If you are in receipt of benefits

You will need to provide evidence from the benefit provider that you are currently
      receiving benefits. Any of the benefits below automatically entitles you to a full
      remission:

 Income Support

 Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance

 Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

Your award letter(s) for any of the above three benefits must be dated within the last
      calendar month.

 State Pension Guarantee Credit

 Working Tax Credit with no element of Child Tax Credit

Your evidence letter(s) for either of the above two benefits must be dated within the
      last year and refer to the current financial year (April – March).

You must ensure that you enclose all the pages of your benefit award letter showing
      your full name and address. The award letter must be original or your application
      will be refused.

If you are not in receipt of any of the listed benefits but still cannot afford the fee
      You may still be able to apply for help with the fee on the basis of low income. Please
      see pages 7 to 14 of the EX160A booklet for more information. If you are living with a
      partner, please ensure that you state both of your income and expenditure details
      when completing the EX160.
      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Click image to download forms

Hi there

I was wondering if you could help... I am looking for the relevant EX160A at around summer 2015 but I cannot seem to find it! I know it is out of date but just need to check it for something. Would you happen to have a copy or guide me as to where I could find one?

Many thanks......Mr Singh

Comment

The copy posted here is from July 2014, ( which was still in use April 2015) and the current Version on form finder is April 2017. Sadly they don't seem to have version numbers on so I don't know if there have been changes in between. What is it particularly you're looking to check ?
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

The copy posted here is from July 2014, ( which was still in use April 2015) and the current Version on form finder is April 2017. Sadly they don't seem to have version numbers on so I don't know if there have been changes in between. What is it particularly you're looking to check ?
            Thanks for your reply. I just need to find the relevant EX160A that was in force in 2015 before the changes in October/November 2015? I seem to find thrnEX160a from November 2015 but not the one that was in force before the change! Was the 2014 one you quote above in force before the change do you know?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I just need to find the relevant EX160A that was in force in 2015 before the changes in October/November 2015? I seem to find thrnEX160a from November 2015 but not the one that was in force before the change! Was the 2014 one you quote above in force before the change do you know?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X