Thread: Form / Leaflet EX160 - Fee Remission / Exemption

• Display

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

Default Form / Leaflet EX160 - Fee Remission / Exemption

People wishing to apply for a fee remission must use the following forms and leaflets.

Court and Tribunal Fees - do I have to pay them? This leaflet includes the EX160 Application for a Fee Remission Form.

There are two types of fee remissions:

Remission 1 – You will receive a full fee remission if you receive one of the means-tested benefits listed below:

Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

Income Support

Universal Credit with gross annual earnings of less than £6,000

State Pension Credit - Guarantee Credit

Scottish Civil Legal Aid (not Advice and Assistance or Advice by Way of Representation)

Remission 2 – you will receive a full remission if your gross monthly income is below the thresholds shown;

If you are not eligible for FULL remission you may be eligible for a partial reduction in fees. Read the EX160 and use the Fee remissions contribution calculator (Excel) to check this out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

Default Re: Form / Leaflet EX160 - Fee Remission / Exemption

Click image to download forms

“We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

Guidance notes for EX160 fee remission applications
    You may be eligible for a fee remission if you receive one of the benefits listed below
    or if you have a low income. To apply for remission you will need to send a completed
    EX160 form and supporting evidence with your N244 application. The EX160 form and
    instructions on completing it are available as part of booklet EX160A, which can be
    downloaded from the Court FormFinder at
    http://www.justice.gov.uk/global/forms/hmcts/index.htm.

If you do not have internet access, please contact us and we will post you a booklet.
    Please read the booklet carefully before completing the form. Ensure you
    enclose all necessary evidence in support of your application for fee remission.
    All evidence must be original, photocopies cannot be accepted. If you require
    the evidence to be returned to you, please enclose a covering letter requesting
    this. Incomplete / incorrectly completed forms or forms with incorrect or
    missing evidence cannot be processed and will be returned to you.

If you are in receipt of benefits

You will need to provide evidence from the benefit provider that you are currently
    receiving benefits. Any of the benefits below automatically entitles you to a full
    remission:

 Income Support

 Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance

 Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

Your award letter(s) for any of the above three benefits must be dated within the last
    calendar month.

 State Pension Guarantee Credit

 Working Tax Credit with no element of Child Tax Credit

Your evidence letter(s) for either of the above two benefits must be dated within the
    last year and refer to the current financial year (April – March).

You must ensure that you enclose all the pages of your benefit award letter showing
    your full name and address. The award letter must be original or your application
    will be refused.

If you are not in receipt of any of the listed benefits but still cannot afford the fee
    You may still be able to apply for help with the fee on the basis of low income. Please
    see pages 7 to 14 of the EX160A booklet for more information. If you are living with a
    partner, please ensure that you state both of your income and expenditure details
    when completing the EX160.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    Click image to download forms

Hi there

I was wondering if you could help... I am looking for the relevant EX160A at around summer 2015 but I cannot seem to find it! I know it is out of date but just need to check it for something. Would you happen to have a copy or guide me as to where I could find one?

Many thanks......Mr Singh

Site Owner

Mentions
    1850 Post(s)

The copy posted here is from July 2014, ( which was still in use April 2015) and the current Version on form finder is April 2017. Sadly they don't seem to have version numbers on so I don't know if there have been changes in between. What is it particularly you're looking to check ?

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

The copy posted here is from July 2014, ( which was still in use April 2015) and the current Version on form finder is April 2017. Sadly they don't seem to have version numbers on so I don't know if there have been changes in between. What is it particularly you're looking to check ?
    Thanks for your reply. I just need to find the relevant EX160A that was in force in 2015 before the changes in October/November 2015? I seem to find thrnEX160a from November 2015 but not the one that was in force before the change! Was the 2014 one you quote above in force before the change do you know?

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your reply. I just need to find the relevant EX160A that was in force in 2015 before the changes in October/November 2015? I seem to find thrnEX160a from November 2015 but not the one that was in force before the change! Was the 2014 one you quote above in force before the change do you know?