• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine from my council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine from my council

Please can someone advise me. I am a female who lives alone and got a parking ticket when on DLA and had a blue badge. It had slipped off my dash and they photographed my car windscreen. I had parked outside a newsagent and was literally 5 minutes picking up a magazine.
    I wrote to them and explained. They wrote back ignoring my claim. I wrote again stating that I had no contract with them.
    I have now received a threatening letter from Marstin Bailiffs. The amount has tripled to a couple of hundred pounds! I am disabled and on a tight income and am now harassed that they will clamp my car and keep pestering me at my home and have heard they are nasty and bullies.
    Please help and advise. I wished I had just paid the council in the first place!
    Is there any way that I can still do this as I'm now scared?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking fine from my council

If you keep the Blue Badge displayed they cannot clamp the car, other Beagles will be along soon

Comment

Thank you for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel11 View Post

I wrote to them and explained. They wrote back ignoring my claim. I wrote again stating that I had no contract with them.
        Can you explain what you mean about not having any contract with the council.

Comment

"I wrote to them and explained. They wrote back ignoring my claim. I wrote again stating that I had no contract with them."

It would appear you have followed "advice" from a FMOTL site, the no contract malarkey does not work, the bailiff will continue to enforce, make sure the council and the EA know you are disabled on DLA, and the car has a Blue Badge displayed at all times. Make them an offer of payment also.

Comment

Thank you. Yes I did get some advice from another source and no, it had no effect.
            I will ring the council on Monday and talk to them.
            Thank you for your reply.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X