Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking Utility company to court for loss of earning and harassment

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Taking Utility company to court for loss of earning and harassment

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly_2000 View Post
    Hi
    I have just read this and I've had to join this site to reply to you. I could have written that myself. First Urility are a complete nightmare. 9 months my issue has been going on. They actually sent a bailiff to my house when it was the company who failed to set up the dd for a period of months! My bills have gone from £300 too £1060 in 5 weeks. The ombudsman ruled in my favour however like you, they haven't deslt with issues.
    i have decided to take legal action against them.
    Im no expert but I do have someone in the know on legal matters and I've read them your message and he says they are using scare tactics to put you off taking action. He advises you use this info to the judge (if it goes to court) on their underhand tactics. Also apparently it costs a company approx 9k to go to court so my guess is it won't make it that far but from my past experience, you have to hold your nerve. You have to call their bluff as they have so much more to loose in court than you do.

loads of luck and I hope you beat the b*****ds :-)
    Ive just had to do the same too, my word it obviously happens more often than you think. My case has escalated slightly though. See thread titled 'warrant of entry fraud' for more details. But initially it started exactly the same as your ordeal!

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

SNAP!!!! check out 'warrant of entry fraud' for more information on my story

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hello, I am also having problems with First Utility and am going to take them to the small claims court - the County Court.
    Has anyone else here done this and had success?
    Thanks,
    Tim.

VIP Member

Mentions
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Collis View Post
    Hello, I am also having problems with First Utility and am going to take them to the small claims court - the County Court.
    Has anyone else here done this and had success?
    Thanks,
    Tim.
    If I had the money I would!

I have left them due to inability and have proved the constant mistakes they have made and they STILL have the amounts I owe them wrong on my online account!!

I am going to pay them what I believe I have used and tell them to whistle for the rest I think!!

They refused to set up payment plans, told me I don't know the difference between a payment plan and a bill, took me to a debt collector for paying my bill and the Ombudsman found in their favour (agreed they had made their mind up before they rang me!).

I wish you every success in the world hun <3

Callie

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

how was this one end?

it is true soemtime you don't know in county court.

I had once a solicitor acting for me. Basically like this level, I said " On the Friday 13/01/20xx when visit the said restaurant I saw a fly in my bow...." -expecting that he would fill-in the rest, or guided me how to use or not to use that fact in my favour.

He wrote in WS "On the Friday 13/01/20xx the client visited the ABC restaurant the client saw a fly in his bow."

Not on,y in one occasion but many other times.

I discharged the lawyer early of his duty before going to final court date and not content to pay full invoice to his company what he has put together. at least two or three point I had evidence he could not charge for work not done I told "A..." he wrote "A."or work not done properly (in one case even the judge at county court has made a comment in the judgment that "although she/he has not found the said document in the skeletton ,... " )

I brought case to Ombudsman Ombudsman found in their favour.

They brought me to court, court decided against me. The first question was "Have you paid the lawyer"s fee?"

At end of the court trial he decided I have to pay. I reserved the right to appeal. He said "Appeal denied."

I believe lawyer should be a little more active, I might have remember too much American court films.

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

pls come back and report how was your court cases ended

VIP Member

Mentions
    54 Post(s)

May I ask what your earlier Court case post was about?

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

"May I ask what your earlier Court case post was about?" is it directed at me @wales01man?

VIP Member

Mentions
    54 Post(s)

yes seems a strange confusing post to me

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

if you allow I will PM you

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

I have PM you @wales01man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12