• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

collect services called this morning ,help plz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• collect services called this morning ,help plz

Back in August last year I was driving my taxi in a bus lane , which being a hackney carriage I am allowed to do . I received a PNC from reading council charging me for entering a bus lane, I appealed saying I was a registered taxi and allowed in the bus lane and i didn't hear a ything else..until last week I got a letter from collect services saying I owed them £170 for bus lane infringement, so I called reading g council and they said that they sent me letters asking me to prove my car is a taxi, I don't know what happened but I have no record of these letters.
    This morning there was a letter hand delivered from collect services saying I now owe them £407!!! And they may size my vehicle or goods. If not paid in full of arranging with a Enforcement officer..
    How do I play this ,I honestly do not have that much money to give them and kind of feel cheated as I never committed an offence in the first place.
    Any help so much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: collect services called this morning ,help plz

You need to contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre to file and an Out Time witness statement.

Before doing so you have to make a lot of enquiries with the council as to where the letters had been sent. You should have received a notice of refusal to your representation followed by a Charge Certificate and an Order for Recovery.

Please make sure that you do not delay as a Hackney Carriage could be taken by a bailiff as the 'exemption' limit for vehicles needed in the course of self employment business is just £1,350.

With many Hackney Carriages however they are rented on a weekly basis so this SHOULD put them out of harms way.

Comment

Surely the photograph of you entering the bus lane shows a picture of a taxi? Can't the numpties just look at that?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
        Surely the photograph of you entering the bus lane shows a picture of a taxi? Can't the numpties just look at that?
        The £££ signs in front of their eyes obscured the Hackney carriage Plate on the rear bumper

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X