• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

G24 pcn - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G24 pcn - won

I too have received the same parking charge notice from G24 Lauraloo, they want to charge me £50 for parking in the bay without a blue badge or £25 if I pay up within 28 days, I appealed it and sent photographic evidence that I am indeed registered disabled and attached a photo of my blue badge, I inadvertently forgot to put my holder that displays my badge on the dash, easy mistake pure and simple, it is a FREE car park and you are allowed 3 hours parking, I was there less than 30 minutes.
    Anyway they have emailed me this morning turning down my appeal, I now have 3 choices, I can pay the £25, appeal using the Independent appeals service that they advice me to use (not POPLA as they stopped using them last year apparently) or I can do nothing and in which case they will seek to recover the monies from me by a debt collecting agency, their very trained staff are undoubtedly the most rude, unpleasant, condescending and unhelpful humans I have ever had the misfortune to speak to, how they sleep at night is beyond me. So my question is the same as above, will I have to pay this fine? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
    Last edited by JAS; 13th March 2015, 17:36:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking fine from G24 Parking Eye

THIS IS NOT A FINE. Probably ignore unless you get a letter before claim. The other "Independant Appeal Service" is not really independant. Then come back for support. Others will be along to add to the advice.

Comment

Re: G24 PCN

IAS are complete cowboys but it's still worth doing as 1/2 still win. The odds are stacked against you but there is nothing to lose.

Please let us see all the paperwork (without name, address, reg number but leave the dates in) If you can picture the signs even better.

M1

Comment

Well, I took a trip back to the retail park yesterday and have taken quite a few photos that prove quite interesting actually, the bays that should be clearly marked are in fact old and faded, you have to look really hard to see the yellow wheelchair that is usually painted quite boldly, the lines marking the bays are in white and not the usual yellow, as for the signs that they told me are dotted around the car park informing me that blue badges must be displayed or you face a fine well there wasn't one where I parked it had been removed so the next one was about 10 metres or more away in one direction and about 25 metres away in another, the only sign was one in the next bay to mine saying 'Parking for disabled badge owners only' nothing about it being displayed, only place that says that is the tiny signs I mentioned 10 metres or more away from the disabled parking bays. I suppose as much info as possible when appealing to these independants is better than none.

Comment

Well that sound promising. Can you post up the original letter and the picture please ? (no name etc)

M1

Comment

Jas it sounds like we were parked in the same bay!!!

Comment

Any chance you could post up the space with faded markings ?

M1

Comment

[QUOTE=mystery1;529786]Any chance you could post up the space with faded markings ?

How do I add an image?

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...121#post388121

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjnPAhAdxZQ

M1

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Well they'd have to go some to convince anyone that is a disabled bay.

I'd be taking a shot from directly in front of that space and appealing on the basis it was not a disabled bay. Nothing on the bay marks it as such and the signs don't tell you what is or is not a disabled bay. The sign on the bay next door is no use, imo, for the 2nd bay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra_proferentem

M1

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                          Well they'd have to go some to convince anyone that is a disabled bay.

I'd be taking a shot from directly in front of that space and appealing on the basis it was not a disabled bay. Nothing on the bay marks it as such and the signs don't tell you what is or is not a disabled bay. The sign on the bay next door is no use, imo, for the 2nd bay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra_proferentem

M1
                          I know, and in addition the nearest sign outlining their terms and conditions was about 40 metres away from the disable bays as was the case with Laura, we were in the same car park.
                          I went back last Friday and took quite a few photos, car park is clearly run down with lots of bays that are not clearly marked.

Comment

Do you have proof of payment to any of the retailers ?

M1

Comment

Re: Parking fine from G24 Parking Eye

Just an update, I spent the whole of yesterday afternoon filling in an appeal and adding photographic evidence to back it up, submitting it around teatime last night, I got an immediate response in the form of an email thanking me for my appeal and that they had now sent it to G24 Ltd so that they could respond, must have been a pretty quick response because this morning I got this: Yippee

Thank you for your recent appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS).
                              We have received the outcome of your appeal and the IAS can inform you that your appeal has been successful. This means that G24 Ltd has cancelled the ticket with the details below:
                              As the parking charge has been cancelled you do not need to take any further action and the case has been closed.

Thanks guys for all your help and support, hope all goes well for you Laura

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X