• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global (Provident) CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global (Provident) CCJ

Hi please be nice, this is my first post.

A few weeks ago I received a letter from my current credit card provider stating that they were increasing my APR based on information on my credit file. At the same time I opened a joint bank account with my husband and we were only given a basic account. My credit file hasn't been great over the years however I have worked hard to improve this, have 3 credit cards, an overdraft on my current account and have some access to credit facilities i.e. mobile phone contract and catalogue. I was therefore suspicious and it prompted me to check my credit file.

On doing this I discovered a CCJ for the value of £1700 registered against me in Nov 2014 at an address that I haven't lived at for over 9 years! Further investigation reveals that this was a provident loan sold onto Arrow Gobal, although I don't ever recall having a loan to that amount - I was only earning £800 a month at the time I was living there!!

Anyway I telephoned the solicitors acting for them and raised a formal complaint regarding the fact that the CCJ had been obtained without my knowledge, at an address where I hadn't been for some years. They informed me that they had no reason to believe that I wasn't at the property and had not received any return mail.

My circumstances however are quite unique in this case in that (1) my provident agent was actually my next door neighbour (2) I left the aid property due to a house fire following which the house was uninhabitable for a significant period of time, it was boarded up (3) My neighbour / provident agent had my care off address for this period of time (4) The very nature of a provident loan (doorstep collect) would have prompted visits by managers to my house for non payment where they would have seen that clearly no one was living there (5) I never returned to that house and have lived in a new house for nearly 8 years being registered on the electoral roll throughout this time and therefore easily traceable.

This debt is in fact statue barred. I have not acknowledged or paid towards this debt since I left the property on 15/10/05! I understand that I can apply for the CCJ to be set aside but I can't really afford the £155 and I wondered if there is a way of getting the other side to pay for this if I am successful. I was hoping that having raised a complaint with them that they would realise the error of their ways and seek to remove it for me.....but I guess that would be too optimistic.

I am shortly due to have routine vetting in my job which will cause me significant problems for a CCJ to be on my file.

I guess any advise on where to start or what to do first would be appreciated. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global (Provident) CCJ

Originally posted by Syd06 View Post
    Hi please be nice, this is my first post.
    Welcome aboard

We are always nice, we bark loudly but don't bite. :beagle::beagle::beagle:

Originally posted by Syd06 View Post
    On doing this I discovered a CCJ for the value of £1700 registered against me in Nov 2014 at an address that I haven't lived at for over 9 years! Further investigation reveals that this was a provident loan sold onto Arrow Gobal, although I don't ever recall having a loan to that amount - I was only earning £800 a month at the time I was living there!!

Anyway I telephoned the solicitors acting for them and raised a formal complaint regarding the fact that the CCJ had been obtained without my knowledge, at an address where I hadn't been for some years. They informed me that they had no reason to believe that I wasn't at the property and had not received any return mail.

My circumstances however are quite unique in this case in that (1) my provident agent was actually my next door neighbour (2) I left the aid property due to a house fire following which the house was uninhabitable for a significant period of time, it was boarded up (3) My neighbour / provident agent had my care off address for this period of time (4) The very nature of a provident loan (doorstep collect) would have prompted visits by managers to my house for non payment where they would have seen that clearly no one was living there (5) I never returned to that house and have lived in a new house for nearly 8 years being registered on the electoral roll throughout this time and therefore easily traceable.

This debt is in fact statue barred. I have not acknowledged or paid towards this debt since I left the property on 15/10/05! I understand that I can apply for the CCJ to be set aside but I can't really afford the £155 and I wondered if there is a way of getting the other side to pay for this if I am successful. I was hoping that having raised a complaint with them that they would realise the error of their ways and seek to remove it for me.....but I guess that would be too optimistic.
    If you are in receipt of certain benefits or on a low income, you could qualify for fee remission, Form ex160a provides full details. :thumb:

You seem to meet the basic requirements to have it set aside, i.e. the requirement to have informed your creditor of your new address and a solid defence. :high5:

You may want to take a look at these threads:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X