• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lloyds Current account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lloyds Current account

Originally posted by McGinty View Post
    Lips??
    Sorry I do tend to make the mistake of assumed knoeledge which I have no right to do.

Comment

Hi there
      Could someone give me a link for the standard SARS letter please? Mc

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...ccess-request/
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Received this from Cabot today as I told them ( Robinsons) the account was in dispute with Lloyds. I had sent a letter into Lloyds as advised and my wife received a cheque in relation to the mis-selling of this packaged account. I am keeping you all updated as I really appreciate your help. I shall just have to wait until I hear from them again. Thank you all. Mc
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi

The problem is, as I see it now

You have received a cheque for compensation that may or may not equal the amount of the current debt.

I do not see how you can have your cake and eat it- well not easily anyway. It would be lovely if you could either defeat any potential claim so you would be quids in or use the cheque to make a payment to clear the debt with cabot.

A large part of me wants you to be able to do that , but that is because I personally am no fan of financial institutions and even less of a fan of debt purchasers

Maybe do what is best for you

Comment

My wife received a cheque in the region of £2k which was a good result. The total still outstanding debt has been inflate by various charges for being overdrawn and bounced debits etc. Is it worth having a go at Lloyds for this? Mc

Comment

Any advice please?

Comment

Without knowing why the first charge was applied it’s difficult to advise. If the first charge applied was incorrect, then all subsequent are too. If the first charge is correct, most of the charges are likely to be correct and Lloyd’s will cite their terms relating to them.

There’s no harm in trying, so I’d write asking for statements of the account from the first it went overdrawn to the date of closure. I’d state in the letter because you believe them to be incorrect and that Lloyd’s have sold a debt that shouldn’t have exisisted.

The best result will be that it’s too much like effort to investigate and they wipe them out. The worst is that they send everything through, they’re correct and you use half of the £2K you have received for mis-selling to settle this.

In either intanve you’re still quids in!
                  COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks so much for that. Mc

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
                      Without knowing why the first charge was applied it’s difficult to advise. If the first charge applied was incorrect, then all subsequent are too. If the first charge is correct, most of the charges are likely to be correct and Lloyd’s will cite their terms relating to them.
                      What “charge”?

I can’t see anything on this thread to suggest the OP (or his wife) has a Charging Order on their property.

Or are you referring to interest and charges (packaged account) which were added to the account which has subsequently been assigned to Cabot?

In which case that issue could possibly become part of any Defence if Cabot issue a claim (together with the unlicensed issue).

Di
                      Last edited by Diana M; 15th November 2017, 20:00:PM.

Comment

The case you are thinking of is Hiramchand and Puminchand vs. Temple 1911. Which states that if a creditor takes part payment from a third party, the creditor cannot chase the original debtor. A new contract has been crated between the lender and the third paray. This extinguishes the original debt and the amount paid by the third party fulfills the new contract. The Pinnell case says that pat payment of a late debt does not extinguish the remainder of the debt.
                        Last edited by seduraed; 16th November 2017, 00:43:AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X