• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine from G24 Parking Eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine from G24 Parking Eye

I received a parking charge notice from G24 for parking in a disabled bay without displaying the blue badge. I am not sure what to next should I ignore them or appeal.

There are two photographs of evidence which show the front registration plate showing 25 Feb 2015 15:23:25
    And another showing the back registration plate showing 25 Feb 2015 15:23:38

I am a bit confused on whether I am being charged for these 13 seconds of not displaying the ticket, or if this company has more photographs showing there was no blue badge on the dash board.

I had my severally disabled grandma in the car with me, she has both mobility issues and dementia. I am sure on that day the weather was terrible and i might have got out of the car to get a trolley (to support her walking) which means did she or I genuinely forget to put the blue badge out or not. I take her to this particular retail park at least three or four times a month and I really cannot remember for the life of me whether the blue badge was displayed or not. I do know that I would not park in a disabled bay without it, when she forgets the blue badge I tend to drop her at the entrance and go and find parking elsewhere.

I have tried to look at what evidence they have to support there not being a disabled badge, but only have the two pictures in the letter they have sent. I did go back to this retail park yesterday and parked in the exact same disabled bay and took a picture of the badge on the dashboard.

Help help or advice would be really appreciated

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Parking fine from G24 Parking Eye

Slightly more awkward than usual as the belong to the IPC (appeals system is as bent as a 4 quid note) rather than BPA (which uses popla).

I would get photos of the signs which would dictate the appeal to use. If there is no mention of a requirement to display a blue badge then a simple here's a copy of the blue badge your terms were't broken, cancel the ticket should suffice. If the sign says you must display the badge it'd be a slightly different appeal.

M1

Comment

As mystery1 says, have a look at the notices. They'll try and claim that those are the contractual terms.
      In Law, the blue badge scheme applies to roads and council car parks, but not to the retail park as you describe.
      Even if you should have displayed the badge to conform to their contractual terms, all is not lost.
      Come back and we'll help you.

Comment

thanks guys I have had a quick look on google maps and there is a clear sign about times as you drive into the retail park, but you literally only have a split second as there is a pedestrian crossing just after so you are looking out for people. There are other more detailed signs I am fairly certain they will include the blue badge rules

Comment

IN private parking world nothing is certain other than greedy ba$tards are greedy.

It will mention blue badges but that not the same as saying it has to be displayed

M1

Comment

Why didn't I think of that!! Thank you M1 I think a nan outing to said retail park is in order for tomorrow

Comment

Hey Guys,

So I went to the retail park and took a photo of their terms board which was no where near the disabled bay I used. Any way its states:

Camera Controlled Car Park
              This land is private property

CUSTOMER CAR PARKING ONLY
              THIS CAR PARK IS FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE OF CUSTOMERS WHILST SHOPPING AT THIS SITE

3 HOURS FREE PARKING

then for the disabled bit that applies to me;

disabled bays are for disabled badge holders only. A valid disabled badge must be clearly displayed at all times

Thanks again for all the help and advice with this. I only have a few more days before I appeal or just cough up the £25 they are charging me

Comment

here are some photos of the retail park, my car, signs etc.
                Attached Files

Comment

and a couple more from the sign

thank you again
                  Attached Files

Comment

Last one here is the letter they sent me
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is the exact same one that I have Laura, I am appealing to POPLA to look at mine

Comment

Originally posted by lauraloo View Post
                        Last one here is the letter they sent me
                        Neither of those pictures show the windscreen where a blue badge would be displayed...Ask them to produce pictures showing a blue badge was not on display

Comment

You're laughing here.
                          Without a photo of the windscreen / dash area, they're up the creek without a paddle.
                          Write back, refuting their allegations and tell them to provide a POPLA code if they resist you.

Comment

Can I asked what program you used to write on your images Laura? Thank you

Comment

Was there a ticket on the windscreen or was the first you knew of it a ticket through the post ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X